Webtrees : New Installation immediately has invalid credentials

My YunoHost server

Hardware: Dell 710R
YunoHost version: 11.2.5 stable
I have access to my server : 100% – web, ssh, console
Are you in a special context or did you perform some particular tweaking on your YunoHost instance ? : no

Description of my issue

I have successfully been running various apps under Yunohost for about a year now (thanks for the easy framework to launch from!) but I’ve never quite seen an issue like this… upon installing Webtree from the Applications menu, I’m made aware of the program’s non-LDAP admin username/password, which I copy down (it’s also thankfully noted at the top of the app page after installation).

However, these credentials claim to be invalid. Immediately after installation, and using the credentials provided to me by the app, I get “the username or password are incorrect” when I attempt to use them at the login prompt.

My yunohost SSO credentials also do not work.

I can see in the database an entry for my new user, but I’m also unable to reset the password there; I assume it to be salted and I can’t leave it blank because the webform will not allow submission of blank passwords.

I’m sort of at a loss what to do… I should also note that I cannot seem to configure the mail server for this application to send myself a password reset (I can see the settings in the database as well, but I cannot get the SMTP settings I know work elsewhere to produce working email).

Is there a way to reset this application’s password from the shell? I cannot find anything seemingly relevant on the sites documentation either for Webtree.

Thanks in advance.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.