Webadmin no longer lists installed applications

My YunoHost server
Hardware: Dell R720
YunoHost version: 11.0.9.15 (stable).
I have access to my server : SSH, direct access
Are you in a special context or did you perform some particular tweaking on your YunoHost instance ? : not really. I have a RAID server, where /home = ~2TB and /var = 20TB so most of my storage needs to be on /var

Either after the .15 update or a php update my webadmin no longer lists anything under instead applications. I’ve tried a few reboots and some basic troubleshooting but I don’t know much about how webadmin works and how to do things with it.

Hmyeah there’s a known bug (though we don’t know how it arises exactly) where the “main” permission of an app disappears …

Let’s try to confirm this by checking the output of :

sudo yunohost app list --full | grep "^    id:\|\.main:"

You should see the list of each app installed and after each id, something like “appname.main:”

The hypothesis is that one of those is missing

here’s what I get!

Warning: Failed to get label for app portainer ?
    id: adguardhome                                                                                                                      
      adguardhome.main:                                                                                                                  
    id: archivebox                                                                                                                       
      archivebox.main:                                                                                                                   
    id: diagramsnet                                                                                                                      
      diagramsnet.main:                                                                                                                  
    id: ethercalc                                                                                                                        
      ethercalc.main:                                                                                                                    
    id: etherpad_mypads                                                                                                                  
      etherpad_mypads.main:                                                                                                              
    id: filebrowser                                                                                                                      
      filebrowser.main:                                                                                                                  
    id: firefly-iii                                                                                                                      
      firefly-iii.main:                                                                                                                  
    id: focalboard                                                                                                                       
      focalboard.main:                                                                                                                   
    id: ghost                                                                                                                            
      ghost.main:                                                                                                                        
    id: grav                                                                                                                             
      grav.main:                                                                                                                         
    id: grocy                                                                                                                            
      grocy.main:                                                                                                                        
    id: hedgedoc                                                                                                                         
      hedgedoc.main:                                                                                                                     
    id: homeassistant                                                                                                                    
      homeassistant.main:                                                                                                                
    id: ifm                                                                                                                              
      ifm.main:                                                                                                                          
    id: jellyfin                                                                                                                         
      jellyfin.main:                                                                                                                     
    id: languagetool                                                                                                                     
      languagetool.main:                                                                                                                 
    id: linuxdash                                                                                                                        
      linuxdash.main:                                                                                                                    
    id: luckysheet                                                                                                                       
      luckysheet.main:                                                                                                                   
    id: lxd                                                                                                                              
      lxd.main:                                                                                                                          
    id: mindmaps                                                                                                                         
      mindmaps.main:                                                                                                                     
    id: minio                                                                                                                            
      minio.main:                                                                                                                        
    id: monitorix                                                                                                                        
      monitorix.main:                                                                                                                    
    id: n8n                                                                                                                              
      n8n.main:                                                                                                                          
    id: netdata                                                                                                                          
      netdata.main:                                                                                                                      
    id: nocodb                                                                                                                           
      nocodb.main:                                                                                                                       
    id: omeka-s                                                                                                                          
      omeka-s.main:                                                                                                                      
    id: photoprism                                                                                                                       
      photoprism.main:                                                                                                                   
    id: phpmyadmin                                                                                                                       
      phpmyadmin.main:                                                                                                                   
    id: phpsysinfo                                                                                                                       
      phpsysinfo.main:                                                                                                                   
    id: portainer                                                                                                                        
    id: redirect                                                                                                                         
      redirect.main:                                                                                                                     
    id: redirect__2                                                                                                                      
      redirect__2.main:                                                                                                                  
    id: retroarch                                                                                                                        
      retroarch.main:                                                                                                                    
    id: rss-bridge                                                                                                                       
      rss-bridge.main:                                                                                                                   
    id: shellinabox                                                                                                                      
      shellinabox.main:                                                                                                                  
    id: tandoor                                                                                                                          
      tandoor.main:                                                                                                                      
    id: ttrss                                                                                                                            
      ttrss.main:                                                                                                                        
    id: ulogger                                                                                                                          
      ulogger.main:                                                                                                                      
    id: wikijs                                                                                                                           
      wikijs.main:           

perhaps this is related to the mess I had with a docker-ce update and uninstalling portainer?

This is related to portainer considering the main permission is missing, yes

Can you think of anything you recently did with that app right before the issue started to show up ?

The last things I did were removing the portainer/docker. I did a few updates in between them and now. While I was doing this I was helping the photo prism maintainer solve an issue with that app. thats all I remember

ah wait, you said with that app. I had to remove it along with all of the docker stuff in order to get it to actually remove from webadmin. I think I also deleted folders related to the app via shell

okay … @_@ … can you remember which folders exactly ?

1 Like

anything labelled portainer. this was the only way I could get the server back and working. I think the folders were in usr/var/www and home/YunoHost.app/

@Aleks

Same issue here. I just migrated to 11.
All apps are gone in the admin panel but still have access to them. I can even install new apps.

same as first answer :

Ok and then. ? Pretty sure it’s bitwarden when it renamed to vaultwarden

Then let’s check if ls -l /etc/yunohost/apps still lists bitwarden

@Aleks

just delete the folder?

No … cf my previous question

Sorry yeah there was still a bitwarden folder. I moved it and my apps are there again!
So can we make sure that after bitwarden is not valid anymore it is removed automatic?

P

I guess if moving the folder away solved the issue then great … But I don’t understand your second sentence x_x

where did you move the bitwarden folder? I’m wondering if I just create a portainer one if I’ll be able to finally uninstall other apps.

okay i can confirm tnhat deleting the portainer folder from /etc/yunohost/apps fixed it for me too. i can now see my apps

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.