Want to use cloudflare with yunohost

My YunoHost server

Hardware: Laptop
YunoHost version: 4.2.8
I have access to my server : direct access via keyboard
Are you in a special context or did you perform some particular tweaking on your YunoHost instance ? : no

Description of my issue

I want to use cloudflare to host domains as It helps against DDOS attacks, and provides many benefits, however, when I created a new website using a domain I own, and then go to the domain, it redirects me to login to the user panel, I want it to work with cloudflare, Is that possible?

What did you expect to happen?

You run Yunohost on a laptop. Are you accessing the website from inside the house (via LAN/WIFI), or from the outside via the public internet? In the first case, your router mostly redirects you to your laptop directly, if it knows that that is the destination.

When using public DNS helper websites, do they show your house’s IP or a Cloudflare IP?

PS: Welcome to Yunohost :slight_smile:

As I created the website in the admin panel. I thought that the newly created website would show some sort of default page, instead of redirecting me to login. I now understand that you need to install a app, or otherwise it will redirect you to the login page. I have installed wordpress on it, but now my browser is giving me an error, saying the website redirected me too many times. How do I fix that?

I’m accessing it from my home.

The domain is proxied through cloudflare, so It will show a cloudflare IP.

I have no experience with Cloudflare, so my help is limited. I would check whether the website works as expected without Cloudflare first (did you set Wordpress as the default application?) before moving on.

Once it works I’d enable Cloudflare, and then use mobile internet on my phone to check the site runs well through Cloudflare (so I am sure that the traffic is not making a hairpin bend in the router). Do you have that option?

The website works without cloudflare, and I just turned on cloudflare and I went on my mobile internet, and it continued giving the redirect error.

Does Cloudflare work with specific addresses, or with whole domains?

In the latter case, they would have a static version of your landing page (https://yourdomain.tld), which has a redirect to your Wordpress instance. I imagine they’re smart enough to deal with it, but it could be part of the problem.

In most browsers you can turn off automatic redirects. If you do that, does it show where the redirects are going?

Going to the domain itself, redirects me to the login page, however, going to the application directory gives me the errors.

I turned off automatic redirects, but it still gives the error and doesn’t want me for anything.

Do you need Cloudflare?

It might be a known issue, according to a post on their forum from 2018. Maybe you already read it, but I am out of ideas :wink:

Found the issue! I needed to enable Full SSL Mode (end to end encryption), as I was on flexible mode before, which only encrypts the connection through cloudflare. Thanks for your help!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.