[Wallabag2] Read-It-Later application

The solution was to split the large file to three with jq tool.

What’s redis?

That is the tool that can be used as a backend for some operations in Wallabag, for instance to import a lot of articles (it will import them one by one over time).
If the issue is solved, that’s perfect :slight_smile:

1 Like

Let’s congratulate Wallabag devs with new release! X)

2 Likes

Any help to update the app to 2.4 would be appreciated :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Wallabag has been updated to version 2.5.0!
https://wallabag.org/en/news/new-release-wallabag-2-5-0

Don’t be hasty, we haven’t landed version 2.4.3 yet :sweat_smile:

We need help to test it by installing this version : Testing: update to 2.4.3 by lapineige · Pull Request #128 · YunoHost-Apps/wallabag2_ynh · GitHub

In particular, we need feedback from (very) old installations (pre-2018) on this specific version Upgrade old DB scheme (migration to 2.4.x for pre-2018 installs) by lapineige · Pull Request #129 · YunoHost-Apps/wallabag2_ynh · GitHub because without that fix upgrade will fail for them.

However, you can try version 2.5 using this branch - at your own risk ! :wink:

2 Likes

Wallabag is dropping php<8 on version 2.6. I tried to update the package to php8.0 but I get errors and I didn’t have time to look at it

1 Like

Great, thank you for working on it :slight_smile:

Maybe you can document that process on a pull request on github repository ? (so we could try to help you)

We have some time to do that, v2.5 has just been released, version 2.6 won’t be ready before a while :slight_smile:

1 Like

I didn’t want to pull it since it’s not working and I’m not sure how to fix it. Here it is

And I noted the errors I encountered here

I won’t be able to work on my home pc these days. And I don’t know when I can :cry:

1 Like

Hi, after upgrading to v2.5.1 I wanted to set user interface to my language (locale setting), it is a language that was not available in <2.4 versions.

As my locale is not in the dropdown menu list in the wallabag’s admin webinterface, I went to the config file to add it (following this guide Translate · GitBook ) then restarted server (just in case it was required)

but changes make no effect and the language is not available to be selected.

My locale is indeed listed in /var/www/wallabag2/src/Wallabag/CoreBundle/Resources/translations and the other two locations also (as read in wallabag docs)

Please, is wallabag_ynh setting this language option in any other config file different to the refered in documentation?

I’ve tried, just to test, to deleted some no needed language entries in that dropdown menu (deleting them on the config file) but also had no effect, so I guess that /app/config/wallabag.yml is not the file I need to edit.

Any hint would be welcome, thanks.

As far as I know, we don’t set anything like this. If you select any other language with the web UI, it works, doesn’t it ?

You might need to report the bug upstream (in Wallabag github repository).

1 Like

yes, it works.

I’ll ask to wallabag directly. thanks

Edit:

FYI

To edit the dropdown menu for setting UI language, or adding a new one already included in the repository, you follow the documentation AND execute cache:clean AFTER saving wallabag.yml file. Then it applies the new setting.

Nowhere in documentation is this written, only when installing/upgrading.

So this issue in now solved.

Thank you for activity on updating and testing the app!! Just wanted you to know that I checked, and now it stopped to alert users when they delete items. I don’t think there a trash bin appeared, so users are really upset when delete something accidentally (or they cat pressed something).

PS Also one user noted that it’s great how archived items became greyed out, and wonders why it doesn’t work at starred section. Don’t know what to answer…

I don’t fully get it, but is that something we can update directly in Yunohost Wallabag packaging ?

That’s an upstream topic, concerning Wallabag devs (if they are not already aware of it).

I had set this issue as “solved” :wink: Yes, it was upstream solved, my language had to be included in the drop down menu manually (what eventually they did).

My latest message here was to tell we need to execute cache:clean in our ynh (CLI command) to “activate” the changes in the server so user can choose this new language.

Hi, there is a security update here

What’s Changed
Fix release script by @j0k3r in #6275
Fix (CVE-2023-0734) adding tag to entries from other people by @j0k3r in #6290
Fix (CVE-2023-0736) XSS on username on share page by @j0k3r in #6288
Fix (CVE-2023-0735 & CVE-2023-0737) CSRF on user deletion by @j0k3r in #6289
Prepare 2.5.4 by @j0k3r in #6291

Already on it since day one, it’s actually the second one.
But it’s not working in a straightforward way, we need help : 2.5.4 by lapineige · Pull Request #163 · YunoHost-Apps/wallabag2_ynh · GitHub

2 Likes

We need testers to confirm upgrade works well :pray:

2 Likes

Merci pour cette mise à jour.
Aucun problème pour cette montée de version depuis la branche testing.
Mon instance est sous AMD 64 dans une VM Proxmox.

1 Like