Volume group “system” not found after initial installation

Hi,

I have the same problem as mentioned here: Volume group "system" not found or here: Gave up waiting for root file system device. Dropping to a shell!

Here are the steps to reproduce on an Intel NUC 5 with a NVMe card:

• Boot from yunohost-bullseye-11.0.9-amd64-stable.iso
  • Keep everything as default, except LVM encryption
  • Wait until installation finishes

After the reboot, the system does not start, instead the following message is displayed:

Volume group “system” not found
Cannot process volume group system

I will now install Debian and yunohost on top of it, since it worked for me in the past. But it looks like a bug. Maybe the Debian version that yunohost-bullseye-11.0.9-amd64-stable.iso is based on is too old?

I dunno, our .iso is built with Simple-CDD-Build thingy from Debian : Simple-CDD/Howto - Debian Wiki

which supposedly is just tweaking the official install iso from Debian / should be equialvent

Yet I’ve seen many people reporting that they get funky behavior sometimes

So i dunno what happens, and I don’t know how to get like a “real” Debian ISO that does work “as much as” Debian’s iso …

When installing Debian, I noticed that it mentioned UEFI at various locations. It was not the case with the Yunohost ISO. I assume that the issue is related to this. Maybe the latter installs the OS using the legacy BIOS mode and this causes the trouble.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.