[Solved] Very slow loading of web interface - Nextcloud barely usable

Hello,

My YunoHost server

Hardware: Raspberry Pi at home

• Raspberry Pi 4 Model B, 8GB RAM
  • SanDisk Extreme Plus microSDXC UHS-I U3 A2 V30 64 Go

YunoHost version: 4.0.8.2 (stable)
I have access to my server : Through SSH + through the webadmin
Are you in a special context or did you perform some particular tweaking on your YunoHost instance ? : no

Description of my issue

I just installed Yunohost + Nextcloud on a Raspberry and it is extremely slow.
It is connected via ethernet to my box and I can’t figure out where the problem comes from.
My Internet connection in normally pretty decent and this hardware should not be a problem for this type of use.

At first, going on Nextcloud web interface drastically slowed down my connection, then froze it.
I had to reboot my modem to solve the issue.
I then disconnected 2 devices from my wifi and it doesn’t freeze anymore but remains very slow.

The only things I did after installation are:

• system update
  • linking to a domain name + installing SSL
  • opening connection ports on my Internet box
  • installing Nextcloud and Jirafeau
  • creating 2 users

I can’t figure out if it is only a problem with Nextcloud or with the full system.

On Nextcloud:

• I can’t fully copy a folder from my documents to Nextcloud
  • I can’t install apps; it loads for a while and then gives cURL error 28: Operation timed out after 120001 milliseconds with 1514062 out of 3325437 bytes received (see https://curl.haxx.se/libcurl/c/libcurl-errors.html)
  • every page is very slow to load

Questions:

• Do you know how to make sure whether the problem is general or only Nexctcloud-related?
  • How to analyse the ongoing processes related to data usage?
  • Is there a parameter that could be the reason why any basic operation looks to bring this device to the edge?

Thank you

The problem was due to a bug with the router.
Nothing related to Yunohost, nor the Raspberry, nor Nextcloud (though it only appeared when I was trying to use it).

My Internet provider said it was a known bug on this model (CBN CH7465LG I believe) and changed it for a new one.

1 Like