Using YunoHost behind an NGINX proxy manager

I was struggeling a bit to use yunohost on a different machine behind the nginx proxy manager of my server.

This is how I got it to work:

Use the HTTPS forward:

Request an SSL Ceriticate:

Set the advanced options:

location / {
    proxy_pass https://10.8.0.2:443;
    proxy_ssl_verify       off;
    proxy_set_header Host            $host;
    proxy_ssl_protocols TLSv1 TLSv1.1 TLSv1.2 TLSv1.3;
}

So, if you want to run yunohost behind an nginx reverse proxy, this could be of help.

I also used this to disable the HTTPS that was enforced:

sudo yunohost settings set security.nginx.nginx_redirect_to_https -v no

But it seemed to have no effect.

See also:

Hi niccokunzmann,

Welcome to the forums!

How nice of you to sign up to share how you solved this, I’m sure it will come in handy for other users in the future :slight_smile:

Have fun with your proxied Yunohost!

It may seem strange, but on the current version 12.0.11 this:
'sudo yunohost settings set security. nginx.nginx_redirect_to_https-v no`
does not work, because:
“Error: The filter key ‘(‘security’, ‘nginx’, ‘redirect_to_https’)’ is incorrect.”

No problems for me, you have a space between security. and nginx, is it a copy/paste of your command? If yes, there’s a mistake.

Yes, this is just in copypaste space. In real is no space between security. and nginx.

hello i also use nginx proxy manager and i am wondering if it works or not. i did everything like told there above. when i open my old wordpress site i created before NPM then it loads but nothing happends

the domain ist https://……./yunohost/admin/#/apps/wordpress/_core

I dont know what i can try else

I think, it would be good to create a new post with images, screen shots, configuration options and the path that you took. Questions to answer in this: Is there anything visible from yunohost? What is your wordpress domain?