Users LDAP account with personnal emails

My YunoHost server

Hardware: VPS bought online
YunoHost version: 4.0.8

Hello there ! First of all, i’m French so excuse my pitty grammar (French version below).
I have a point of disappoint :stuck_out_tongue:

I have to manage IT online tools of an association (15 members).
I read with attention the guide (RTFM !) and meet a fundamental problem.
When i create an user, this one receive a mail adress with USER@domainname.ext
And, when this user use other hosted service - like nextcloud - this email is recorded and viewed in his/her profile (and cannot be change).

However, my users already have personal @mail that they use and that they would like to see appear in their profiles (nextcloud, discourse etc …).
How should I go about it?
Do I need to edit these fields in the LDAP database with command line ?

Thanks for your help :slight_smile:

Bonjour à tous !
J’ai un point de questionnement

Je dois gérer les outils en ligne d’une association (15 membres).
J’ai lu avec attention le guide (RTFM!) Et rencontre un problème fondamental.
Lorsque je crée un utilisateur, celui-ci reçoit une adresse mail avec USER@domainname.ext
Et, lorsque cet utilisateur utilise un autre service hébergé - comme nextcloud - c’est cet e-mail qui est enregistré et affiché dans leur profil (et ne peut pas être modifié).

Or, mes utilisateurs ont déjà tous des @mail personnelles qu’ils utilisent et qu’ils souhaiteraient voir apparaitre dans leurs profils (nextcloud, discourse etc…).
Comment dois-je m’y prendre ?
Est-ce que je dois modifier ces champs dans la base de données LDAP en ligne de commande ?

Merci pour votre aide ! :slight_smile:

If you’re talking about for example “classical” / external gmail adresses, I don’t think it’s the right way to go … There is not really any concept of “external” address (except maybe the forward addresses) precisely because Yunohost is not an app where you could register with your existing email address, but instead does provide you with an email address …

I guess you could tell your users to define a forward address in their profile (in Yunohost’s sso) but not sure that you ould be able to integrate it in nextcloud…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.