User Portal category

My YunoHost server

Hardware: Dedicated Server
YunoHost version: 11.2.4
I have access to my server : Via SSH and the Web Admin Panel
Are you in a special context or did you perform some particular tweaking on your YunoHost instance ? : No

Description of my request

I’m in the process of customizing the user portal for my applications, and I’ve been following the official documentation for guidance.

One feature I’d really like to implement is the ability to categorize applications.Is there a way to auto-fetch the category like on install catalog? While I’ve considered using application labels as a means to group them into categories, I usually rename these labels for easier navigation. For instance, I could create a “CMS” category that would include all apps labeled as “WordPress,” but I’m not particularly fond of this workaround.

Would anyone be able to provide some guidance on how best to achieve this?

1 Like

Hello, and welcome!

The current user portal does not and will not enable other customization than adding a theme. There is a rework coming up that includes an overhaul of the login API (that might include sending information about the app category from the catalog), and the portal UI.

For an overview of the ongoing work: [META] Tracking issue for user management, sessions and SSO · Issue #2239 · YunoHost/issues · GitHub

There is and will be no timeline on the completion of this major work, but contributions are welcome. :slight_smile:

Depending on your use case, if you do not need the portal to be dynamic (regarding the users permissions) right away, you might consider creating your own startpage (Flame, Homer, …).

2 Likes