Upset configuration

Hello…

First day in with Yuno Host, very very good.

Everything has set up and all my DNS is good etc etc. No problems.

When I run the diagnosis everything comes back good except one possible error as follows:

Configuration file /etc/ssh/sshd_config appears to have been manually modified. IgnoreDetails

• This is probably OK if you know what you’re doing! YunoHost will stop updating this file automatically… But beware that YunoHost upgrades could contain important recommended changes. If you want to, you can inspect the differences with yunohost tools regen-conf ssh --dry-run --with-diff and force the reset to the recommended configuration with yunohost tools regen-conf ssh --force

My server is hosted on a vps, can I ignore this or should I take action.

Best wishes

Derek

Hmmmm that might be because you answered “no” to wether or not you want to let yunohost manage the ssh config during the inital install (curl install.yunohost.org | bash, etc…)

(Not sure though, I regularly see some other funky stuff)

Anyway, ideally as suggested you can try running yunohost tools regen-conf ssh --dry-run --with-diff to see the difference between the current config and the recommended config … though if you’re not familiar with sysadmin or ssh administration this won’t mean much to you.

If that doesn’t mean anything to you, just run yunohost tools regen-conf ssh --force

Just be careful that then you’ll have to log in using the admin account instead of root

1 Like

@Aleks yes you are right I did say no to yuno host handling ssh…

Everything is ok so I’ll see how it goes.

Thanks for your reply

Dj

@Aleks. Correct I installed a third server today asking Yuno Host to take care of SSH and indeed the error has gone…

Many thanks

Dj

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.