Upgrading Kimai2 from 1.11.1~ynh1 to 1.20.2~ynh1 fails

Hi everyone, I’m getting back into using my Yunohost server more productively. Unfortunately, Kimai2 fails performing the upgrade

My YunoHost server

Hardware: Vultr Debian VPS
YunoHost version: 4.3.6.3
I have access to my server : Through SSH | through the webadmin
Are you in a special context or did you perform some particular tweaking on your YunoHost instance ? : yes
If yes, please explain: manually installed Foundry VTT with a non-yunohost user

Description of my issue

When upgrading Kimai2 from 1.11.1~ynh1 to 1.20.2~ynh1 the process fails with several warnings and errors.

Full log of the upgrade process: https://paste.yunohost.org/raw/omibavawuk

Seems like composer cannot do its job and doesn’t find a bunch of files. There was a change in Kimai2 that ended support for SQLlite, but if I am reading the logs correctly my installation seems to use MySQL.

Any ideas and hints what I could try? I would appreciate any input (but please forgive me if I may have to ask for clarifications as I only occasionally have to deal with servers and SSH terminals)! :smiley:

Hi!

Same issue here.

The workaround I’ve used is to first upgrade to the version 1.17.1 (commit 6b3ab38a5bf6aa48aaef23254381e8063839598b)
You can do that running a command line on your server. Something like:
sudo yunohost app upgrade kimai2 -u https://github.com/YunoHost-Apps/kimai2_ynh/tree/6b3ab38a5bf6aa48aaef23254381e8063839598b --debug

Then you can upgrade to 1.20.2 as you would usually do (from the admin portal or from the command line). This results in a successful upgrade to the last version of Kimai2.

Please note that the 1.17.1 version is broken: LDAP doesn’t work (see this issue), so get sure that the backup process works correctly, in order not to get stuck with this not functional version :wink:

Hi I very much appreciate your reply! I will try the suggested workaround tonight! :smiley:

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.