Upgrade Processs hanging

My YunoHost server

Hardware: Old Desktop Computer, on local network
YunoHost version: 11.1.18 / 11.2.3 (Trying to Upgrade)
I have access to my server : Through SSH
Are you in a special context or did you perform some particular tweaking on your YunoHost instance ? : yes
If yes, please explain: I started an apt-get upgrade process

Description of my issue

Started an upgrade of my machine after fixing a couple small things and now it seems to be hung.

Preparing to unpack .../yunohost_11.2.3_all.deb ...
Unpacking yunohost (11.2.3) over (11.1.18) ...
Setting up yunohost (11.2.3) ...
Installing new version of config file /etc/bash_completion.d/yunohost ...
Regenerating configuration, this might take a while...
Warning: Another YunoHost command is running right now, we are waiting for it to finish before running this one
Warning: Still waiting...

I found another post and this is what’s currently in the lock file:

cat /var/run/moulinette_yunohost.lock

ps -ef | grep 4459
root        4459       1  0 Jul16 ?        00:00:17 /usr/bin/python3 /usr/bin/yunohost-api
root     2638919    4459  0 Aug27 ?        00:00:00 sh -c /bin/bash -x "./upgrade"  7>&1
root     2836944 2835055  0 23:11 pts/2    00:00:00 grep 4459

I’m going to leave it overnight, but I just don’t know how long I should expect this process to take. Any thoughts? Can I kill the hung child process without messing up the install?
Thanks in advance

Considering the upgrade of the app (can you tell which one?) was started on August 27 and we’re now August 29, pretty sure it’s hanging forever so yes, you can probably kill the command with kill -9 2638919

However it would be nice to have some clues of why it hanged forever, so it’s cool if you can : 1) tell which app we’re talking about, 2) find and share the corresponding log which you will find in Tools > Logs after killing the process

thanks, that got it moving.

Here’s the paste from the log.
https://paste.yunohost.org/raw/lujoturili

Looks like something happened when upgrading adguardhome

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.