Upgrade of Synapse Matrix Homeserver from 1.67 to 1.69 failed

Hi all,

My YunoHost server

Hardware: VPS bought online.
YunoHost version: 11.0.10.2
I have access to my server : through the webadmin
Are you in a special context or did you perform some particular tweaking on your YunoHost instance ? : no

Description of my issue

I startet an upgrade offered by Yunohost including an upgrade of Synapse from 1.67 to 1.69. This failed with an error message. Here is the log: https://paste.yunohost.org/raw/nuhidesiza

I managed to restart the Synapse service, Matrix is running again. Synapse still runs under 1.67. Trying to update the system, Synapse update is offered again.

Any idea is very welcome. Thanks.

The upgrade failed because it could not create the safety backup prior to the upgrade:

Not enough space at /home/yunohost.backup/archives (free: 19735085056 / needed: 20021894360)

(I assume these are bytes, so it needs around 18GB for the backup :grimacing: )

1 Like

Thank your for your reply. As a short-term solution, I uninstalled two rarely used Yunohost apps. After that, I managed to upgrade Synapse.

Now I’ll try to study ways to analyze the server’s disk usage. May be, there is a Yunohost server app for this purpose.

Yup maybe, but if you’re comfortable with command line, ncdu is a pretty good tool

sudo apt install ncdu
sudo ncdu /

it will analyze the disk usage (hence the ‘du’ in the name) and you’ll be able to browse the file tree to analyze exactly what takes up space

(But for the log of god, don’t yolo-delete entire folders in /var/log/ )

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.