Upgrade bug soft lockup CPU stuck

Hardware: Old laptop or computer
YunoHost version: 11.2.8.2 upgrading to latest
I have access to my server : Through SSH + through the webadmin + direct access via keyboard / screen
Are you in a special context or did you perform some particular tweaking on your YunoHost instance ? : no

Hello all,
I attempted to update my yunohost installation to the latest version and the site became unreachable. When I opened the machine on which it is installed, I saw the following messages. How bad is it? :face_with_peeking_eye:

Hi shrohde,

It looks quite scary!

With some luck it is a temporary problem; see for example

In may be a hardware or connection problem, kernel - watchdog: BUG: soft lockup - CPU#6 stuck for 23s - Ask Ubuntu

Did the computer get out of the situation, or did you reboot in the meantime?

1 Like

Hi @wbk !
So, after letting it run the whole night, the morning after I still saw these errors. I rebooted and after running a few commands things turned back to normal!! I did create a backup of everything, in case I will ever loose this old machine (hopefully, there will be a way to restore it on a different machine if it happens…?)
Thanks for the help!

1 Like

Nice that the server came back to life, good to have backups anyway :slight_smile:

Don’t forget to mark the thread solved for the next person with a soft lockup, and have fun!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.