Update Trilium Notes with specific version

My YunoHost server

Hardware: VPS bought online
YunoHost version: 11.2.5
I have access to my server : Through SSH | through the webadmin
Are you in a special context or did you perform some particular tweaking on your YunoHost instance ? : no
If yes, please explain:
If your request is related to an app, specify its name and version: trilium-notes-0.59.2~ynh1

Description of my issue

I am running the trilium-notes instance mentioned above.
The regular update routine offers me the version 0.61.15~ynh1

After upgrading Trilium stops working with the Messages mentioned below.

Ho do i achieve an upgrade to a version v0.60.x as mentioned in the logs?

Nov 22 15:07:07 systemd[1]: Started Trilium: notes server.
Nov 22 15:07:08 node[1805290]: App db version is 227, while db version is 213. Migration needed.
Nov 22 15:07:08 node[1805290]: ERROR: Direct migration from your current version is not supported. Please upgrade to the latest v0.60.X first and only then to this version.
Nov 22 15:07:08 systemd[1]: trilium.service: Main process exited, code=exited, status=1/FAILURE
Nov 22 15:07:08 systemd[1]: trilium.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.
Nov 22 15:07:08 systemd[1]: trilium.service: Scheduled restart job, restart counter is at 1.
Nov 22 15:07:08 systemd[1]: Stopped Trilium: notes server.

Is it a regularly running app on your server or was it a new installation ?

According to the source repo, Trillium went directly from version"0.59.2~ynh1" to “0.60.4~ynh1” then “0.61.11~ynh1”

So, if the upgrade to a 0.60.X version is necessary (I have no idea, and have never used this app), you can try this (if you managed to restore a working version using the backup created on upgrade) :

sudo yunohost app upgrade trilium -u https://github.com/YunoHost-Apps/trilium_ynh/tree/7d6117c7cedc5175432168ecd48f79c6d1abb9e9 --debug

It should bring you in 0.60.4~ynh1

Then, finish the upgrade by switching back to the main tree :

sudo yunohost app upgrade trilium -u https://github.com/YunoHost-Apps/trilium_ynh/tree/master --debug

If it works, please find the documentation about those specific upgrades, and open a ticket about this here : Issues · YunoHost-Apps/trilium_ynh · GitHub

Problem solved.
I’ve set up a docker environment to upgrade the database structure.
now i’m finished.

1 Like

Just in case it can help someone else some day, can you give detailed explanation on how to do this ?

(And then put the topic as « Solved »)

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.