Unexpected redirection after installing my_webapp with mySQL

My YunoHost server

Hardware: VPS bought online from Vultr
YunoHost version: 11.2.11.2 (stable)
I have access to my server : SSH, web admin, SFTP
Are you in a special context or did you perform some particular tweaking on your YunoHost instance ? yes
If yes, please explain: I used my_webapp and included a mySQL database to install Sendy. (sendy.co) Installation was successful.
If your request is related to an app, specify its name and version: 1.0~ynh15

Description of my issue

When I attempt to login to administer Sendy at the following URL:

https://sendy.mydomain.net/email/login

I get redirected to the yunohost login page. If I’m already logged in, the user portal loads. I cannot access Sendy using those credentials as it’s not integrated with yunohost SSO.

I did receive a warning during installation that mod_rewrite isn’t installed but it didn’t indicate that loading the app would fail without it. I’m thinking that could be issue, but I’m unsure.

Thanks in advance.

Sendy seems to rely on Apache web server which is not and cannot be shipped with YunoHost.
Unless you manage to transplant contents of Apache config file into nginx-compatible form the app is not really compatible.

1 Like

Thanks for the quick reply. I had a feeling that might be the case.

According to this thread in its forum

Someone was able to run it using nginx, but the thread is very old. And the forum doesn’t seem to be very active. Try it and see

2 Likes

Thank you. I also found this:

I just need to find the location of my LetsEncrypt certs…

I gave up and installed sendy on a new VPS running apache. Thanks for everyone for your help.