Unauthenticated bind (DN with no password) disallowed

My YunoHost server

Hardware: VPS bought online
YunoHost version: 11.1
I have access to my server : Through SSH | through the webadmin
Are you in a special context or did you perform some particular tweaking on your YunoHost instance ? : no
If yes, please explain:

Description of my issue

When attempting to enable LDAP auth for Pixelfed, I found out that no password appears to be required (see my other post). However, using the same parameters, I get the following error message when running php artisan ldap:test:

ldap_bind(): Unable to bind to server: Server is unwilling to perform. Error Code: [53] Diagnostic Message: unauthenticated bind (DN with no password) disallowed

It seems that a password is, in fact, required, I just don’t know which one or how to access it.

This is now fixed ! Here is what I did:
I modified the config like this:

LDAP_LOGGING=true
LDAP_CONNECTION=default
LDAP_CONNECTIONS=default
LDAP_DEFAULT_HOSTS=127.0.0.1
LDAP_DEFAULT_USERNAME="" 
LDAP_DEFAULT_PASSWORD=""
LDAP_DEFAULT_PORT=389
LDAP_DEFAULT_BASE_DN="dc=yunohost,dc=org"
LDAP_DEFAULT_TIMEOUT=5
LDAP_DEFAULT_SSL=false
LDAP_DEFAULT_TLS=false

The connection works when you put no username and no password, so indeed no password was required. Then, I continued to follow the guide, but I had to replace:

'model' => LdapRecord\Models\ActiveDirectory\User::class,

with

'model' => LdapRecord\Models\OpenLDAP\User::class,

I don’t understand why this isn’t mentioned in their guide, but after this I can run php artisan ldap:import users and it will see and be able to synchronize them.

The issues I’m facing now are:

• the auth system does not work, as in, imported users cannot sign in, apparently because the passwords can’t be matched with the database
  • the imported users don’t have a username when running php artisan user:table, the uid property is not synchronized

what was the config file /location you changed? this looks to be very similar to the problem I’m having: Adding catchall problem - #3 by sadmin

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.