Unable to locate package install

My YunoHost server

Hardware: VPS bought online / Old laptop or computer / Raspberry Pi at home / Internet Cube with VPN / Other ARM board / …Raspberrry Pi at home
YunoHost version: 11.0.10.2
I have access to my server : Through SSH | through the webadmin | direct access via keyboard / screen | Through SSH
Are you in a special context or did you perform some particular tweaking on your YunoHost instance ? : no
If yes, please explain:

Description of my issue

I tried to install a python package with
sudo apt-get install python-pip sudo pip install virtualenv
the response was.
Note, selecting 'python3-pip' instead of 'pip'
E: Unable to locate package install

After i change it to.
sudo apt-get install python3-pip sudo python3-pip install virtualenv
the response was.
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
Reading state information... Done
E: Unable to locate package install
I tried it in the root dierectory, do i have to install the python module in a different directory ?.

Any hint what i could try is welcome.
Thanks in advanced.

The main goal is to run a Django custom web app and this post Django on Custom Webapp? seems a good starting point.

Sounds like you are trying to run two commands at once which creates hella confusin …

You probably mean

sudo apt-get install python3-pip
sudo pip3 install virtualenv

as two separate commands …

But beware the post you mention is like 6 years old and many things changed sinc then …

Thanks Aleks for response,

i realised that python is already installed on the server and when i want to install a python package its only pip install <package>
I use MobaXterm to connect to my server via ssh.

Its extreme difficult to get a basic web example with flask or django that prints a “hello world in the browser” and a small explenation how does it work.

This will be my next try to test.

Can you give me a hint which way should i go to get started with my first “hello world”.
This seems to be a good way for the basic setup but no example to get the first example with a browser.

Its really difficult to understand all the interaction and technologies that are involved and how they work together,

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.