Unable to connect in some containerized app if logged in Yunohost

My YunoHost server

Hardware: VPS bought online…
YunoHost version: 11.2.5
I have access to my server : Through SSH
Are you in a special context or did you perform some particular tweaking on your YunoHost instance ? : no

Description of my issue

With some applications in containers the authentication fails until i log out from Yunohost. That the case with containers like Mealie or Portainer
I use the Redirect app for a public proxy (as a private proxy i’m fully stuck as i can’t log out) and redirect to the localhost and port of the container

The JWT tokens are not used by the app once authenticated. If i log out from Yunohost then i can log in and use the app. If i log back to yunohost then i’m fired from the app and blocked again

I tried to update the Nginx config of redirect but it sounds more as a problem from the global configuration

Any help is welcome

I think it is the authentication header injected by SSOwat that’s clashing with the authentication within your containers.

Let’s try to fix that:

# "redirect" to be replaced by that actual app id: redirect__2, redirect__3, etc.
app=redirect
sudo yunohost tools shell -c "from yunohost.permission import permission_url; permission_url('$app.main' ,auth_header=False)"

(taken from the app helper code https://github.com/YunoHost/yunohost/blob/6f1a00922a8fa866823ecd87dc6e6da2ab8e5005/helpers/permission#L245, since the Redirect app does not offer to tweak this header)

:crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

Ok i think that even with many days more i would have never find how to that !

Impressive knowledge. Thanks a lot

PS : i will push the solution in Redirect app issues to help other users

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.