Two Synapse/Matrix server in a single server, cannot talk to each other

Hi,

I’m having issues with Synapse / Matrix.

My YunoHost server

Hardware: Raspberry Pi at home
YunoHost version: 4.2.6.1
I have access to my server : Through SSH | through the webadmin
Are you in a special context or did you perform some particular tweaking on your YunoHost instance ? : no but
If yes, please explain: I have another ARM board running Pi-Hole and Unbound to be able to access my server from within the local network (hairpinning).

Description of my issue

• I have two domains and I have installed two Synapse/Matrix servers, one on each domain.

• Users from domain 1 and domain 2 can talk to anyone else in Matrix, join rooms, add bots… but they cannot talk to each other: users from domain 1 cannot see users from domain 2, and vice versa.

• When creating a new DM or chat room, the request times out and only an empty room is created.

• I have opened the ports for synapse and coturn 5349, 5351, 8448 and 8449. SRV records have also been set up. Diagnostics don’t show any error.

Is this a federation issue even though users can talk to others as long as they are from a different server?
Have I misconfigured something?

I hope you can help me
Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.