well, what helped me to start is to learn create a virtual machine with Debian 8 + YunoHost, having an easy way to copy/paste my package and using the great package_check (https://github.com/YunoHost/package_check). Then start by following the example package as Maniack suggested.
This really changes everything.
Process is easy:
- Under Linux, I use “Virtual Machine Manager”, and created a virtual machine with it
- I changed my “hosts” file and added the link: 192.168.100.186 jb.fr w.jb.fr
- I installed and up-to-date YunoHost on it
- In my Files manager, I added a link to the server using ssh: ssh://firstname.lastname@example.org it looks like
- Copy paste the package_check code and your package
- Run your tests: ./package_check/package_check.sh airsonic_ynh
This will run multiple tests, remember to carefully real the Readme and to correctly write your check_process file: https://github.com/Jibec/package_check#syntax-check_process-file
You can easily ask for package_check to stop on error to see what’s going on: --interrupt
Once it works fine with package_check (basically it install and removes without error), you can go further and run your tests on your virtual machine.
Once it works on both package_check and your virtual machine, you can test it one more time on your personal server
Of course, this only is my way of working, and I had no knowledge of sysadmin. (I still have almost none, but at least I did some working packages)