[Transmission] BitTorrent client

can you check the /etc/transmission-daemon/settings.json file?

In this file, I can read :

"download-dir": "/home/yunohost.app/transmission/completed",

And if I do ls -alh /home/yunohost.app/transmission/completed
I have :

~ ls -alh /home/yunohost.app/transmission/completed
total 55G
drwxrwxr-x+ 84 transmission        transmission         12K 18 sept. 18:00  .
drwxrw-r--+  5 transmission        transmission        4,0K  7 mars   2021  ..
-rwxrwxr-x+  1 debian-transmission debian-transmission 1,6M 26 août   2021 family_film.mkv

And just in case :

~ ls -alh /home/yunohost.app/transmission
lrwxrwxrwx 1 debian-transmission www-data 37 17 nov.   2020 /home/yunohost.app/transmission -> /mnt/slowDisk/yunohost.transmission

Maybe the user owning the files changed and a chown in the upgrade scripts was broken due to the symlink ?

Hello, had same issues. (with the ynh2 version)

I moved old files in the new folder and restarted daemon : the old torrents restarted, but I wasn’t able to add new torrents (permission issue).

Had to reinstall transmission to be able to add new torrents (I should have downloaded old .torrent files before doing this).

1 Like

I just added a symlink from the « expected » path to the current path :
ln -s /home/yunohost.app/transmission /home/yunohost.transmission

(Which is a link to a link, as /home/yunohost.app/transmission is already a link to an external drive).

I also used chown to make all files/folders belong to transmission:transmission (even the 2 links, with -h argument for chown)

Then I restarted the tranmission service, without success.

The strange thing is that now, when I check the path for a torrent, the file is exactly where it should be.

Really strange side-effect : all films that were also added in jellyfin (with symlinks too) are considered not found (well, not 100%, more like 90% removed from library, 10% still in library, but unreadable)

Problem solved with a chown AND a chmod :

chown -R debian-transmission:debian-transmission /home/yunohost.app/transmission
chmod +x /home/yunohost.app/transmission

First chown made the torrent app working again.
Chmod was for Jellyfin to be able to parse the folders.

2 Likes

Those commands also solved my problem (Nextcloud / Transmission).
Just one thing, I think that the second command is in fact:

chmod +x /home/yunohost.app/transmission
1 Like