This package allows you to install TLDraw quickly and simply on a YunoHost server.
If you don’t have YunoHost, please consult the guide to learn how to install it.
TLDraw is a tiny little drawing app.
- Very clean and nice UX
- Snappy and very low memory footprint on the server
- PWA ready
- Multiplayer mode (iFrame compatible)
Shipped version: 1.24.5~ynh2
TLDraw can’t be installed on a subpath, and needs a fully dedicated domain
The multiplayer mode requires Liveblocks API keys (Public and Secret)
- You can get some for free at liveblocks.io
- Be very careful though, and keep in mind that by doing so, all your multiplayer rooms data will be stored on livestocks.io SaaS servers, and NOT on your server
- Multiplayer mode is completely optional and you don’t have to use it
- If API keys are not provided, it will be automatically deactivated
TLDraw will not take a lot of disk or memory space while running.
- However, you will need at least 2.5GB of RAM and 5GB of disk space during installation time
- The build can be quite long, be patient!
TLDraw offers all functionnalities (including multiplayer) for free at tldraw.com
- However, they have restricted the use of multiplayer mode within an iFrame, which could be a problem
- TLDraw YunoHost app is patching that restriction so that you can use multiplayer mode within an iFrame as before
It could be possible to self-host a multiplayer layer in the future. Some projects have been launched, based on YJS library, such as GitHub - nimeshnayaju/yjs-tldraw: Yjs multiplayer implementation on tldraw, but sadly none of them is mature enough to be included here.
- Obviously, as soon as multiplayer could be enabled without going through Liveblocks SaaS servers, the app will be updated accordingly
- Official app website: https://tldraw.com
- Official user documentation: https://github.com/tldraw/tldraw/blob/main/guides/documentation.md
- Official admin documentation: https://github.com/tldraw/tldraw/blob/main/guides/documentation.md
- Upstream app code repository: https://github.com/tldraw/tldraw
- YunoHost documentation for this app: https://yunohost.org/app_tldraw
- Report a bug: https://github.com/YunoHost-Apps/tldraw_ynh/issues
Please send your pull request to the testing branch.
To try the testing branch, please proceed like that.
sudo yunohost app install https://github.com/YunoHost-Apps/tldraw_ynh/tree/testing --debug or sudo yunohost app upgrade tldraw -u https://github.com/YunoHost-Apps/tldraw_ynh/tree/testing --debug
More info regarding app packaging: https://yunohost.org/packaging_apps