A free and open source alternative Reddit front-end focused on privacy. Inspired by the Nitter project.
- All requests go through the backend, client never talks to Reddit
- Unofficial API (RSS & JSON support, no rate limits or Reddit account required)
- Lightweight (teddit frontpage: ~30 HTTP requests with ~270 KB of data downloaded vs. Reddit frontpage: ~190 requests with ~24 MB)
- Self-hostable. Anyone can setup an instance. An instance can either use Reddit’s API with or without OAuth (so Reddit API key is not necessarily needed).
Shipped version: 0.4.0~ynh1
- Upstream YunoHost repository: GitHub - YunoHost-Apps/teddit_ynh: Teddit package for YunoHost
- Official app website: https://teddit.net/
- Upstream app code repository: teddit/teddit: alternative Reddit front-end focused on privacy - teddit - Codeberg.org
- YunoHost documentation for this app: https://yunohost.org/app_teddit