Synapse Setup - Configuration Synapse

My YunoHost server

Hardware: Old laptop or computer
YunoHost version: 11.1.19 (stable)
I have access to my server : Through SSH | through the webadmin
Are you in a special context or did you perform some particular tweaking on your YunoHost instance ? : no
If your request is related to an app, specify its name and version: app v1.81.0~ynh1

:us: Description of my issue (english)

Hello, I installed Synapse (and Signal bridge) with the intention of using Signal from a client Matrix app (ex: Element).

So I installed Synapse, then the Signal bridge, and all went well. I also opened port 8448 since it is apparently necessary (correct me if I’m wrong).

Nevertheless, I find myself with a lot of URLs in the admin panel and I confess I don’t understand anything (an official doc with tutorial would be welcome), and most of the URLs (if not all) lead me to an error webpage:

Which one to choose to connect from a smartphone client (user account)?

Thank you very much for your kind help !

:fr: Problème (français)

Bonjour, j’ai installé Synapse (et Signal bridge) dans l’intention d’utiliser Signal depuis une application cliente Matrix (ex: Element).

J’ai donc installé Synapse, puis le bridge Signal, et tout sest bien passé. J’ai aussi ouvert le port 8448 puisque c’est apparemment nécessaire (corrigez-moi si je me trompe).

Néanmoins, je me retrouve avec énormément d’URL dans le panneau d’aministration et j’avoue n’y rien comprendre (une doc officielle avec tuto serait la bienvenue), surtout que la plupart (si ce n’est tous les URL) me renvoient vers des pages web d’erreurs :

Laquelle choisir pour se connecter depuis un client smartphone (compte utilisateur) ?

Merci beaucoup pour votre aide !

Synapse is only the Matrix server, you need a client such as Element (also packaged for YunoHost).

The URLs you have shown in the screenshots are the API endpoints that have their own permission to let the clients connect directly, without going through YunoHost SSO.

Thank you very much, I understand but the problem is which URL shall I choose to fill the Element app in my smartphone ?
I imagine Admin API shall not be the good one, but otherwise, I don’t know which one I shall select, is the Server API ?
what is the difference between Server API VS Server Client_infos ?

Thank you

None of that, simply put the domain where Synapse was installed, i.e. synapse.domain.tld.

For reference, here is the Element user guide: element-user-guide.pdf, your “homeserver” as referred in there is your Synapse server

“Server API” is the address where computers (clients and other servers) will communicate with the server: part of the authentication, then retrieval of rooms information, and anything related with Matrix.

You can open “Server info for clients” yourself, it’s a simple JSON file that gives a bit of information on your server to facilitate the Matrix federation (i.e. server-to-server communication). It especially helps if you install your domain on synapse.domain.tld and you want your username to be @prog-amateur:domain.tld. Other servers will check https://domain.tld/.well-known/matrix to know where the Server API actually is.

1 Like

Thank you very much !
I have followed your instructions :

• ID : @username:domain.ovh
  • Password : password from the username account

and it worked !

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.