Synapse Matrix Server not running after migrations

Hi,

My YunoHost server

Hardware: VPS bought online
YunoHost version: 11.0.9.10 (stable)
I have access to my server : through the webadmin
Are you in a special context or did you perform some particular tweaking on your YunoHost instance ? : no

Description of my issue

My Synapse Matrix server on Yunohost is not running anymore. Every client says: connection to server is interrupted. Sending a message produces an error message, nothing is received.

Yunohost diagnosis: the service matrix-synapse is auto-restart (my translation), log is here: hastebin

One or two days before, after upgrading Yunohost, I started some ‘migrations’ on the web interface as proposed. I also read a description about a manual action which I cannot remember, unfortunately. May be, I should have done a screenshot.

Yeah the recommended procedure for Synapse is to force-upgrade the app, that should recreate a fresh venv:

sudo yunohost app upgrade synapse --force
1 Like

I have done this. That process said, it ran successfully. The next error was a missing file of the matrix-signal-bridge. I had uninstalled it during the problems, since I am not using it. After reinstalling it, matrix-synapse is running perfectly.

Thank you!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.