[Synapse] Instant messaging server matrix network

If the app installed without errors and users in different networks (one mobile, one at homenetwork) cant reach each others, where do i start to track the problem. I i understand correctly coturn should step in here?! I already opened ports 49153:49193. Both users connected to mobile network or same home network work fine…

cheers,
smithers

Hey there,

Is it safe to upgrade to 1.38.0 version? Because I’ve read that it breaks cryptography so that was the reason there was an almost immediate update to 1.38.1. YNH offers 1.38.0 currently.

Thanks

I am up to date and I did not see anything, but if it can cause problem, you can wait for next version.

hello,

it’s been days that my diagnosis says that the package Synapse is broken.

is it just me? does anyone know what would that mean?

You are not alone.
I do not really knows what triggers this message but evrything works fine on my server.

1 Like

same for me it seems.
fair enough then.
we will wait and see? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Hello please read the full message :wink:

The package is broken… Upgrades are disabled.

The broken package is related to the new revision. So to not impact your server, upgrades are suspended.

1 Like

it’s that the reason why i’m now unable to install it on a new server?
here’s the log.

it is needed if i want to use matrix, right?

To use matrix you need a client: GitHub - YunoHost-Apps/element_ynh: Element package for YunoHost. If you want to host your own Matrix server you need Synapse (or Dendrite)

yes, i wanted to host my own matrix server, that’s why i was installing Synapse, but, as you can see from logs, the installation failed for some reason?

Right now, Synapse package is Level 0. A fix is underway

1 Like

so, with synapse broken and dendrite not yet ready, it means i cannot host any matrix server for now? :face_holding_back_tears:

Yes, that is correct.

1 Like

Last update 1.8.7 break image support me
the bug is fix in the release 1.8.8

If you need to you can backport fix (use Image.LANCZOS instead of Image.ANTIALIAS for thumbnail resize by an0nfunc · Pull Request #15876 · matrix-org/synapse · GitHub)

by edit the file /opt/yunohost/matrix-synapse/lib/python
3.9/site-packages/synapse/media/thumbnailer.py

and modify the line like in the previous link.

2 Likes

Can this be linked to this problem ?

Yes :slight_smile:

1 Like

Omg, thank you for posting this! I was going crazy trying to figure this out! Haven’t seen the error since editing the file. :heartpulse:

Hi,

This is just FYI.

I updated Matrix from 1.90.2 to 1.91.2. It updated fine it seems, but got the following messages that caught my attention.

ERROR: pip's dependency resolver does not currently take into account all the packages that are installed. This behaviour is the source of the following dependency conflicts.

setuptools-rust 1.7.0 requires setuptools>=62.4, but you have setuptools 60.8.2 which is incompatible.

No solution from me here, but a warning : do not try to fix it manually via pip or you’ll face something beautiful : Failed to read info for ****** : Invalid version: '*.*.*~ynh*'

I’ve had that error message a number of times. Each time I’ve just run the following command and it seems to fix it. I’m not sure if it’s likely to cause the problem mentioned in the previous post:

pip install pip --upgrade && pip install pyopenssl --upgrade && pip install setuptools --upgrade && pip install setuptools-rust --upgrade