I am looking for advice/suggestions regarding daily/weekly maintenance tasks that I should be carrying out on my YunoHost installation.
Currently I do the following at least once a day, through the webadmin interface:
- Check for system updates.
- Run the diagnosis.
- Peek at the logs listed under Tools.
I also check for system-generated emails, to see what might need my attention.
But I feel like I should be doing more.
- Shouldn’t I know who has tried to access my server, successfully or not? I don’t know how to find that information.
- Are there other logs that I should be checking from time to time to make sure that the system is remaining healthy?
- Should I be relying on the YunoHost webadmin interface, and on the emails the system sends occasionally, as the primary source of feedback?
Perhaps I’m asking for some sort of beginners guide to maintaining a YunoHost server.
Having said that, I know that the “Guided Tour” section of the YunoHost Admin Guide has some information on:
- Backing up the server/apps
- Users, groups and permissions
I should probably start there, but if you have any additional suggestions for a newbie, I’d be happy to hear from you!