Sub-domain Wordpress Multisite Install

:uk:/:us: Message template (english)

My YunoHost server

Hardware* Old computer
I have access to my server : Through SSH | through the webadmin | direct access via keyboard / screen | …
Are you in a special context or did you perform some particular tweaking on your YunoHost instance ? : no

When installing wordpress with the multisite option enabled, it installs a sub-directory wordpress network. However, I want a sub-domain network to be installed. Such as ‘example.com’ as the homepage of the wordpress site and ‘blog.example.com’ as another wp site instead of ‘example.com/blog’. Wordpress does allow you to do this, but how can I achieve this in yunohost?

Hi sortedcord,

For the subdomain part, it’s all explained here : DNS and subdomains for the applications | Yunohost Documentation.
For multiple sites, you could install as many WordPress apps as you want in separate subdomains (instead of a single one with the mutisite option enabled).

Would this solve what you want to achieve ?

But I would want all of my sites to share the same database. User accounts and all

I see. I never installed wordpress with yunohost before, so I cannot help you further with it sorry. From what I see about installing apps on a subdomain, it looks like what you are trying to achieve is not feasible… unless maybe you get your hands (very) dirty and tweak the install, which I personnaly do not recommand for maintenance reasons.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.