SSH connection not working: kex_exchange_identification: read: Connection reset by peer

My YunoHost server

Hardware: Raspberry Pi at home
YunoHost version: 3.8.x
I have access to my server : No access
Are you in a special context or did you perform some particular tweaking on your YunoHost instance ? : no

Description of my issue

First of all, thank you for all your hard work and support! I really appreciate the effort all of you guys are making to create an extraordinary service!

Now to my problem. I am trying to connect to my Yunohost server via SSH, but it immediately gives me the error message

kex_exchange_identification: read: Connection reset by peer

In the admin interface over the web I get the error message

The YunoHost API is not responding. Maybe 'yunohost-api' is down or got restarted?

I really don’t get any further than that. Does any of you have an idea what could cause that?

Hm did you do anything in particular before this started to happen ?

Any chance you can try to connect through SSH from another IP maybe ? (Or another machine at home)

Yesterday I could connect via SSH. I have had some issues with the machine. That’s why I wanted to connect. I am going to connect to the Pi directly later if I can.

Thanks for the quick reply. I’ll give an update as soon as I can.

Edit: By the way, a try from a different machine came out like this:

ssh_exchange_identification: Connection closed by remote host

Some threads on the internetz™ suggest to reboot the server … Still not sure why/what happens exactly. Some other suggest it could be due to fail2ban banning your IP but that’s not the usual symptom so I’m a bit sceptic

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.