Specific information for the application synapse

I’m facing some issues with my Synapse installation on Yunohost. The installation went smoothly after a few attempts, as I had some remnants from the previous system due to a base configuration with multiple domains and a WP blog. However, I managed to resolve that by troubleshooting the errors presented in the terminal.

Now, I’m encountering new problems where Synapse doesn’t seem to resolve properly and there are unknown issues. You can see the problem on this link: https://netz.darknight-coffee.eu/_matrix/.

I also received a message from the Yunohost system in my Snapymal inbox, stating that I need to adjust or add additional DNS values and also open a specific port in my Fritz!Box. I followed these instructions, but the issue persists. The link mentioned above doesn’t work as expected.

I should mention that I also use XMPP and other tools from the Yunohost toolbox, such as Prosody and Matterbridge. I’m interested in adding Discord and WhatsApp as well, as some users prefer those platforms and I don’t use WhatsApp myself.

Here is the Yunohost message requesting specific configurations that I have already applied, yet it’s not working:

"This is an automated message from your beloved YunoHost server.

Specific information for the application synapse.

If your server name is identical to the domain on which synapse is installed, and the default port 8448 is used, your server is normally already accessible by the federation.

If not, you may need to put the following line in the DNS configuration:

_matrix._tcp.netz.darknight-coffee.eu. 3600 IN SRV 10 0 8448 netz.darknight-coffee.eu.

For more details, see: GitHub - matrix-org/synapse: Synapse: Matrix homeserver written in Python/Twisted.

You also need to open the TCP port 8448 on your ISP box if it’s not automatically done.

Your synapse server also implements a turnserver (for VoIP), to have this fully functional please read the ‘Turnserver’ section in the README available here: GitHub - YunoHost-Apps/synapse_ynh: Matrix server (synapse) package for YunoHost.

If you’re facing an issue or want to improve this app, please open a new issue in this project: GitHub - YunoHost-Apps/synapse_ynh: Matrix server (synapse) package for YunoHost

You also need a valid TLS certificate for the domain used by synapse. To do that you can refer to the documentation here: YunoHost • index"

Does anyone have a solution? The links provided in the message didn’t help me much.

Ich nutze viele Knoten auch die Matrix. Doch da liegt mein Problem, mit der Synapse. Die Installation lief reibungslos, nach mehreren Anläufen, was damit zusammen gehangen hat, da ich ein Grundgerüst eingespielt hatte von meinen ganzen Domains mit einem WP Blog. Da hat er wohl immer noch alte Synapse Schnipsel von dem alten System mitgenommen. Was ich dann endlich erledigt bekommen hatte, durch die Fehler, die das System mir immer wieder unter Terminal bereitgestellt hat. Jetzt lief das Installieren reibungslos. Doch jetzt tauchen neue Probleme auf, und zwar, dass sie irgendwie nicht richtig auflöst und da aus einem unbekannten Grund Probleme hat.
Wie hier auf dem Link zu sehen ist.

https://netz.darknight-coffee.eu/_matrix/

Ich bekam auch eine Nachricht vom System Yunohost in meinen Snapymal kasten.
Dass ich noch weitere DNS werte anpassen oder dazu packen muss zuzüglich in meiner Fritz!Box einen bestimmten Port dazu packen muss. Was ich getan habe. Doch müsste die wenigsten über den Link ohne Element aufrufbar sein. Doch weit gefehlt, oben im Link selbst zu sehen.
Ich muss dazu sagen, ich nutze dazu noch xmpp und weitere tolle Mittel aus dem Yunohostbaukasten zum einen Prosodie Matterbridge dazu würde ich gerne noch Discord und whatsapp dazu buchen,da einige sich wohl nicht von whtasapp trennen möchten und ich das nicht nutze.
So hier die Yunohost Meldung, die es haben will, was ich gemacht habe. Trotzdem klappt das alles nicht. This is an automated message from your beloved YunoHost server.

Specific information for the application synapse.

If your server name is identical to the domain on which synapse is installed, and the default port 8448 is used, your server is normally already accessible by the federation.

If not, you may need to put the following line in the dns configuration:

_matrix._tcp.netz.darknight-coffee.eu. 3600 IN SRV 10 0 8448 netz.darknight-coffee.eu.

For more details, see : GitHub - matrix-org/synapse: Synapse: Matrix homeserver written in Python/Twisted.

You also need to open the TCP port 8448 on your ISP box if it’s not automatically done.

Your synapse server also implements a turnserver (for VoIP), to have this fully functional please read the ‘Turnserver’ section in the README available here: GitHub - YunoHost-Apps/synapse_ynh: Matrix server (synapse) package for YunoHost .

If you’re facing an issue or want to improve this app, please open a new issue in this project: GitHub - YunoHost-Apps/synapse_ynh: Matrix server (synapse) package for YunoHost

You also need a valid TLS certificate for the domain used by synapse. To do that you can refer to the documentation here : YunoHost • index

Hat jemand von euch eine Lösung. Die Links, die zu git führen, haben mir nicht wirklich weiter geholfen.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.