Spam mail every 10 minutes

My YunoHost server

Hardware: VPS bought online
YunoHost version: 11.2.3
I have access to my server : Through SSH | through the webadmin
Are you in a special context or did you perform some particular tweaking on your YunoHost instance ? : no

Description of my issue

Dear yunohost wizards, I somehow get this email every 10 minutes: Cron root@mms * * * * root : YunoHost DynDNS update; sleep $((RANDOM%60)); ! ping -q -W5 -c1 ip.yunohost.org >/dev/null 2>&1 || test -e /var/run/moulinette_yunohost.lock || yunohost dyndns update >> /dev/null
No domain registered with DynDNS

I’m not sure why and I didn’t see a reply on how to solve it on related threads.

And then there is a mail 2 showing:
" Undelivered Mail Returned to Sender".
<admin@yunohost.erikkemp.eu> (expanded from ): user unknown

With attachment:

Reporting-MTA: dns; yunohost.erikkemp.eu
X-Postfix-Queue-ID: 2A4AB60DCA
X-Postfix-Sender: rfc822; root@yunohost.erikkemp.eu
Arrival-Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2023 16:00:33 +0200 (CEST)

Final-Recipient: rfc822; admin@yunohost.erikkemp.eu
Original-Recipient: rfc822;root@yunohost.erikkemp.eu
Action: failed
Diagnostic-Code: x-unix; user unknown

Help much appreciated :slight_smile:

Kind regards from the Netherlands, Erik

Hello Erik,
I don’t use DynDNS so I don’t know much. But you can search in /etc/cron(something) (there is cron.d folder, crontab, cron.hourly, cron.daily, … which cron job is running every 10 minutes.
What is strange is that it tells you that admin@YOURDOMAIN.tld doesn’t exist. Normally, the first user you created (and all users in admins group should get the emails to admin@…) .
And for cron syntax, this site is useful to help understand it : https://cron.help/
Hope you gonna manage to silence this annoying mail.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.