Something (SearXNG?) is Shutting Down Vivaldi Mobile Browser

I use the Vivaldi Chrome-based app for browsing on Android and when I have SearXNG installed, and visit my portal, the browser shuts down entirely. I’m not sure if it’s a Vivaldi problem or a YunoHost one, but the fact that it’s happening on two different devices (Android phone and tablet) tells me it’s something that likely can be replicated pretty easily.

My YunoHost server

Hardware: Old laptop or computer
YunoHost version: 11.2.3 (stable).
I have access to my server : Through SSH | through the webadmin | direct access via keyboard / screen | … All
Are you in a special context or did you perform some particular tweaking on your YunoHost instance ? : no
If your request is related to an app, specify its name and version: [searxng] 1.0.0

Description of my issue

Try using Vivaldi Snapshot to test if the issue persists.

Yep, does it with the snapshot, too.

I am not able to reproduce this. I installed SearXNG to test and it opens just fine in Vivaldi browser on my phone.

Have you tried uninstalling/reinstalling the application? Or perhaps something is amiss in your configuration.

Try flushing your browser’s cache, and try with an SearXNG open instance. If it happens with open instances (assuming they do not rely on YunoHost), report your issue directly upstream to SearXNG.

Check also the browser’s settings to see if it has a debug/developer mode where it might dump its logs in a file before crashing.

Well, it’s working now. I had already tried clearing everything before I posted, BTW. Anyway, I just kept loading the portal until the browser didn’t shut down, and it let me log in. Now it’s like I can’t get the browser to shut down, logged in or not. So I guess it’s fixed? We’ll see. Same result on my phone, too. After it shut down like 4x, it finally just let me log in. Maybe that tells someone something?

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.