[SOLVED] VPNClient - how to

Hardware: VPS bought online ( Contabo )
YunoHost version: 4.3.4
I have access to my server : Through SSH | through the webadmin
Are you in a special context or did you perform some particular tweaking on your YunoHost instance ? : no

So, wanted to start using VPNClient, but I have no idea how to do it and the documentation is gone.
Any helper?

Also Neutrinet’s (which I believe is connected to the former for some reason?) documentation is gone.

Off topic: does anyone know why OpenVPN and Wireguard are not available on yunohost?

If you are on a VPS, i am not sure you want to install vpnclient. What’s the goal you want to achieve with this vpn ?

VPNClient is a way to expose your server online easily and get ipv6, reverse DNS etc…

Anyway, you can find some doc about vpnclient here: GitHub - YunoHost-Apps/vpnclient_ynh: VPN Client app for YunoHost
And find “vpn for self-hosting” provider here VPN providers | Yunohost Documentation

VPNclient use openvpn.

A broken app vpnserver_ynh use openvpn in order to provide vpn. This app is broken since several years, feel free to contribute if you are able to do it.

Wireguard app need the future Yunohost alpha 11 to work. The package is already done and tested, but yunohost 11 is not released for now.

Finally, you can install openvpn, like on debian and just configure the ovpn like you want.

4 Likes

lapsus !? :partying_face:

YunoHost will follow debian number version in the next version…

2 Likes

That’s all much clearer now.
So, no, I definitely don’t need VPNclient, rather Neutrinet or OpenVPN.

I will look into them both and try to understand more.
Thank you. :slight_smile:
And sorry for the late reply.

Sadly, no, I can’t help with that.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.