[solved] Problems installing on a rasperryPi

Greetings, I am new to the comunity, and I’m trying to install yunohost on a raspberrypi. Everything runs smoothly but during the bootup, it says"startimg metronome XMPP Server: metronome failed!

Then, it finishes booting up, but there is no ip adress. Instead, it asks me for the user name and pasword for the raspberry pi.

I login (raspberry-pi login: root, pw yunohost),

some legal info appears, about copyright, and how there’s no warranty.

Then, I get root@raspberrypi~# and I can write there.I tried to find the name of the network device, using $ ip link, but it returned ~bash: $: comand no found.

I removed the $, and I was able to get the name of device, it is eth1.

I tried changing directly the name on /etc/network/interfaces, but when I write that, it returns “permission denied”.

What ca I do?

From what I found in the forums (Problem with my IP right after installation) maybe chaing the eth0 to eth1 may fix my problem. I just don’t know how to do that.

Can someone help?

Thank you all in advance :slight_smile:

I used sudo dhclient eth1, and it a bunch of stuff appeared, ending in “linkk becomes ready”.
Then, hoping the gods were great and it was already working, I tried "service networking restart"
It returned [warn] runing /etc/init.d/networking restart is deprecated because it may not re.enable some intercaces… (warning)
on the line bellow, it returned:
[ok] reconfiguring network interfaces… done.

But I still get no IP. Any tips?

wrote cat /etc/network/interfaces and it returned
allow hotplug eth0
iface eth0 inet dhcp.

Using nano/etc/network/interfaces, I chaged the eth0 to eth1.

Then I used the “service networking restart”. I now have na IP adress. Thank you all anyway

1 Like

Please add [Solved] at the beginning of the title if you found a solution.