[SOLVED] Nextcloud android app doesn't sync with nextcloud server app

Hardware: VPS bought online ( Contabo )
YunoHost version: 4.3.6.2
I have access to my server : Through SSH | through the webadmin
Are you in a special context or did you perform some particular tweaking on your YunoHost instance ? : no

so, i started having this issue with the notes android app which was showing this error:

App Version: 3.4.18
App Version Code: 3004018
App Flavor: fdroid

Files App Version Code: 20220128 (Beta)

---

OS Version: 4.9.218+(eng.root.20211027.184504)
OS API Level: 29
Device: FP3
Manufacturer: Fairphone
Model (and Product): FP3 (FP3)

---

com.nextcloud.android.sso.exceptions.NextcloudHttpRequestFailedException: HTTP request failed with HTTP status-code: 302
	at com.nextcloud.android.sso.api.AidlNetworkRequest.performNetworkRequestV2(AidlNetworkRequest.java:188)
	at com.nextcloud.android.sso.api.NextcloudAPI.performNetworkRequestV2(NextcloudAPI.java:199)
	at com.nextcloud.android.sso.api.NextcloudAPI.lambda$performRequestObservableV2$1$com-nextcloud-android-sso-api-NextcloudAPI(NextcloudAPI.java:129)
	at com.nextcloud.android.sso.api.NextcloudAPI$ExternalSyntheticLambda2.subscribe(Unknown Source:6)
	at io.reactivex.internal.operators.observable.ObservableFromPublisher.subscribeActual(ObservableFromPublisher.java:31)
	at io.reactivex.Observable.subscribe(Observable.java:12284)
	at io.reactivex.internal.operators.observable.ObservableSingleMaybe.subscribeActual(ObservableSingleMaybe.java:31)
	at io.reactivex.Maybe.subscribe(Maybe.java:4290)
	at io.reactivex.Maybe.blockingGet(Maybe.java:2320)
	at io.reactivex.Observable.blockingSingle(Observable.java:5381)
	at it.niedermann.owncloud.notes.persistence.CapabilitiesClient.getCapabilities(CapabilitiesClient.java:32)
	at it.niedermann.owncloud.notes.main.MainViewModel.lambda$synchronizeCapabilities$13$it-niedermann-owncloud-notes-main-MainViewModel(MainViewModel.java:411)
	at it.niedermann.owncloud.notes.main.MainViewModel$ExternalSyntheticLambda16.run(Unknown Source:6)
	at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:462)
	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1167)
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:641)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:919)
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: <html>
<head><title>302 Found</title><script type="text/javascript" src="/ynh_portal.js"></script><link type="text/css" rel="stylesheet" href="/ynh_overlay.css"><script type="text/javascript" src="/ynhtheme/custom_portal.js"></script><link type="text/css" rel="stylesheet" href="/ynhtheme/custom_overlay.css"></head>
<body bgcolor="white">
<center><h1>302 Found</h1></center>
<hr><center>nginx</center>
</body>
</html>

at com.nextcloud.android.sso.InputStreamBinder.processRequestV2(InputStreamBinder.java:455)
	at com.nextcloud.android.sso.InputStreamBinder.performNextcloudRequestAndBodyStreamV2(InputStreamBinder.java:128)
	at com.nextcloud.android.sso.InputStreamBinder.performNextcloudRequestV2(InputStreamBinder.java:111)
	at com.nextcloud.android.sso.aidl.IInputStreamService$Stub.onTransact(IInputStreamService.java:158)
	at android.os.Binder.execTransactInternal(Binder.java:1021)
	at android.os.Binder.execTransact(Binder.java:994)

but then i notices the same thing was happening with the nextcloud dev app (even though it wasn’t giving me any error).

the only issue coming up in diagnosis is with ports 1194, which seems to be related to galene. i’ll be able to fix it as soon as the broadband company will give me access to the router lol.

anyone can help?

galene uninstalled and ports 1194 issue solved, but it wasn’t related to this issue apparently.

the app keeps telling me i don’t have the app installed on my server. which is not true btw.

Did you have this working before for awhile?

Did you make the app public in the yunohost admin area?

Did you try adding the nextcloud user to the visitor or guest group in the yunohost admin panel?

it was a problem with the visitor permission. :upside_down_face:
very silly.
thank you very much for the heads up.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.