[Solved] Moodle installation fails to load local files

My YunoHost server

Hardware: VPS bought online
YunoHost version: 11.2.3
I have access to my server : Through SSH | through the webadmin
Are you in a special context or did you perform some particular tweaking on your YunoHost instance ? : no

Description of my issue

Moodle has been installed succesfully but there are issues when using a custom theme, which comes with its own fonts for icon usage in the frontend.

The custom fonts are provided in the theme directory var/www/moodle/theme/custom_theme/fonts. They are provided as .eot, .woff and as .ttf. However, the fonts are not being loaded.

Looking at the network analysis in the browser, it shows the following error message:

downloadable font: rejected by sanitizer (font-family: "remixicon" style:normal weight:400 stretch:100 src index:1) source: ...

Could it be related to server side security that prevents the fonts from being loaded? Or is it a browser issue? How could it be solved?

Do you have more errors, or only this one?
Would this help? html - How to fix "downloadable font: rejected by sanitizer" - Stack Overflow

It looks like the fonts are being loaded from source: https://my-site.tld/theme/custom-theme/fonts/boxicons.woff2 and this URL actually does not point to the actual location of the fonts. Trying to find a way for the theme to load the actual font location, which I also do not find.

It was a matter of permissions. It was solved after executing chmod -R 777 /var/www/moodle

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.