[Solved] Failed to resolve dyndns.yunohost.org

My YunoHost server

**Hardware: Odroid N2+/N2/Helios 64/VPS (3 ARM board+1 VPS)
YunoHost version: 4.2.6.1 (stable)
I have access to my server : Through SSH | through the webadmin |
Are you in a special context or did you perform some particular tweaking on your YunoHost instance ? : no

Hello,

2 of my server (with a domain nohost.me) every ten minutes show these alert “Failed to resolve dyndns.yunohost.org”.

I show this PR Fix dyndns madness by alexAubin · Pull Request #1149 · YunoHost/yunohost · GitHub

Is there a fix expected soon ?

Thks a lot

The PR you mentionned was merged and released a long time ago (well, in 4.2)

If the server does really spam every 10 minute this message, then it seems to be symptomatic of a bigger issue on your server specifically, such as broken DNS resolution. You should probably have a look at the diagnosis results.

Hello Aleks,

nothing in the diagnosis. But i see that the message appear when my VPN (fixed IPV4 with FDN),shut down on my router.

So I think this message (YunoHost DynDNS update; sleep $((RANDOM%60)); test -e /var/run/moulinette_yunohost.lock || yunohost dyndns update >> /dev/null) is a normal consequence of that.

So now my problem is the instability of my config openVPN on my routeur…and that it’s not a yuno related problem :slight_smile:

Thks Alex

Hello!
I just received the same email and the diagnosis says that everything works fine.

Can you please tell me how can I check what’s the reason behind this error?

If this was just a “fluke” then there’s not much to worry about, it was just a temporary DNS resolution issue, it happens, hopefully we can improve this in the future to not receive annoying emails

I received another identical email 25 minutes ago. :sweat_smile:

So, I will discard them both as a “fluke” for now and hope everything is fine.
Thank you. :relaxed:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.