Snappymail (or Rainloop) - where to find identities on disk?

Hi all,

My YunoHost server

• Server is running Linux kernel 6.5.11-4-pve
  • Server is running Debian 11.8
  • Server is running YunoHost 11.2.8.2 (stable)
  • yunohost version: 11.2.8.2 (stable)
  • yunohost-admin version: 11.2.3 (stable)
  • moulinette version: 11.2 (stable)
  • ssowat version: 11.2 (stable)

Hardware: laptop or computer
YunoHost version:
I have access to my server : Through SSH | through the webadmin | direct access via keyboard / screen | …
Are you in a special context or did you perform some particular tweaking on your YunoHost instance ? : no

I just migrated my last non-Yunohost mailaddress to my Yunohost. It has grown quite a few aliases and corresponding identities over the years.

Now I’m trying out the various webmail clients we have available. Roundcube keeps breaking, Cypht seems powerful but unfamiliar. I start with Snappymail.

I am not looking forward to fill out the webform to add identities; they must be on disk or database somewhere but my PHP/JavaScript is not good enough to quickly find out where.

Any idea where they are stored? I am also looking forward to suggestions on which webmail is comfortable to use with different identities (I used to use Squirrelmail, which was not fancy or full featured, but quite ok).

Ok, there is no database involved, only files. JSON, and, it seems, half encrypted and half not.

Identities for Rainloop are stored in /var/www/rainloop/app/data/_data_/_default_/storage/cfg/te/test@test.domain.tld/identities, for my test account.

It has this format:

[
  {"Id":""
   ,"Email":"test@test.domain.tld"
   ,"Name":"","ReplyTo":""
   ,"Bcc":""
   ,"Signature":""
   ,"SignatureInsertBefore":false
  }
 ,{"Id":"oe35oocs9foe882ls2qytn8"
    ,"Email":"test2@domain.tld"
    ,"Name":"T. Esting"
    ,"ReplyTo":""
    ,"Bcc":""
    ,"Signature":""
    ,"SignatureInsertBefore":false
  }
]

Identities and accounts are related via the file accounts_identities_order, like so:

{"Accounts":["test2@domain.tld","test@test.domain.tld"],"Identities":["oe35oocs9foe882ls2qytn8",""]}

The accounts themselves are MD5 hashed and salted, but I think I don’t need info in those files.

Rainloop has been superseded by Snappymail, but I did not yet have identities in Snappymail; next up is to confirm it still works the same there.

Also to confirm for myself is whether identities are as much a pain to work with in Snappymail as they are in Rainloop.

This was the first time I actually switched identities Rainloop; I was not able to send a message until I ‘cycled’ all identities by moving them to not-default, deleting them, and recreating them. The mail would not be send while logging to /var/log/mail.log:

Dec 26 12:34:08 online postfix/submission/smtpd[1231081]: TLS SNI localhost from localhost[::1] not matched, using default chain
Dec 26 12:34:08 online postfix/submission/smtpd[1231081]: Anonymous TLS connection established from localhost[::1]: TLSv1.3 with cipher TLS_AES_256_GCM_SHA384 (256/256 bits) key-exchange X25519 server-signature RSA-PSS (3072 bits) server-digest SHA256
Dec 26 12:34:08 online postfix/submission/smtpd[1231081]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from localhost[::1]: 553 5.7.1 <test2@domain.tld>: Sender address rejected: not owned by user test2: from=<test2@osba.nl> to=<receipient@target.tld> proto=ESMTP helo=<test.domain.tld>

The problem was having a from-address in the identity that did not match the account. I’ll have to look into that.

To be continued :wink:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.