Sharing calendars on Nextcloud without allowing others to add their own off-topic events

Hardware: VPS bought online ( Contabo )
YunoHost version: 4.3.6.3 (stable)
I have access to my server : Through SSH
Are you in a special context or did you perform some particular tweaking on your YunoHost instance ? : no

i’m planning to offer a public and free calendar/agenda service to different groups of people in my local area and i want to use nextcloud for it (ofc).

what i would probably need though is a way to check that the “wrong” groups aren’t using it or that the calendar isn’t being used for purposes different from its original goal.

hence, ideally, i would need the admins only to be able to create and share new calendars so that any requests has to pass through them.

is there such an option in the settings?

because, currently, i cannot find it.

Hello,

This looks like a matter for Nextcloud’s documentation, not its integration into YunoHost: Using the Calendar app — Nextcloud latest User Manual latest documentation

Let me know if I misunderstood your request. Like, do you mean that you want to prevent standard users to create their own calendar?

If so, check out this screenshot (sorry, partially in French), taken from the Applications admin page:

You can select which groups can use the calendar.

Tags requirement lifted while we assess what’s going on. Thanks for the notice!

thank you!

but also that would assume i know the users/groups, which i won’t.
so, it would be much “easier” if users could only use and edit the calendar that the admin shares with them.

thing is, since it’s going to be free, open and anonymous, it will be hard to check who is actually registering, however the calendar is meant to be for grassroots organisations and mutual aid programs, so, if some charity start promoting their fundraising or a fash start using it to create their own calendar of events, it definitely defeats the purpose.

not sure if i’m making myself clear. :sweat_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.