SFTP times out and cannot connect

When I try to connect to my YunoHost server via SFTP, it frequently times out. This is particularly an issue with my Custom Webapp.

My YunoHost server

Hardware: Old laptop or computer
YunoHost version: 3.6.5.3
I have access to my server : Through SSH and webadmin. I also have direct access to the server if needed.
Are you in a special context or did you perform some particular tweaking on your YunoHost instance ? : no

Description of my issue

I created a Custom Webapp on one of my domains (example.com), and in doing so, created a SFTP user. I want to use either the Nautilus file browser or FileZilla to in order to transfer files via SFTP.

I am connecting from within my home network. My server and desktop are both connected to the same router (server via cable; desktop via WiFi).

I attempt to connect to sftp://example.com:22, with the username and password for the SFTP user created during app setup. However, this connection does not work. When I do this in FileZilla, I see the error: “Error: Connection timed out after 20 seconds of inactivity.” In Nautilus, I see: “Timed out when logging in.”

How can I diagnose and solve this issue, so that I can properly connect to my server via SFTP?

Thank you!

I’ve added the following line to my router’s “Virtual Servers” settings:

• Service Type: SFTP
  • External Port: 22
  • Internal IP: [server’s internal IP]
  • Internal Port: 22
  • Protocol: ALL

I rebooted my server and my router. I’m still encountering the same timeout errors described above.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.