Server sending wrong MIME type

My YunoHost server

Hardware: RPi 3B
YunoHost version: 4.1.8
I have access to my server : Through SSH and through the webadmin
Are you in a special context or did you perform some particular tweaking on your YunoHost instance ? : yes
If yes, please explain: Manually added a service.

Description of my issue

I have a service I’m running for a web app. I used the redirect app to do a proxy. The web app for the service starts to load but then hangs because all the .js files have a MIME type of (text/html) in the response, so they won’t run… I don’t see anything in the nginx config that would make this the case, so I’m confused.

Where else should I be looking to fix this?

Ok, after using a public proxy, everything runs as long as I’m not logged in via SSO. Which .conf file should I be looking at for that?

I don’t have a solution for you, but Peertube got the same symptoms. Instead of logging out, you could use a private/incognito window in your browser. It’s not a solution at all, but an easier workaround than logging out all the time until you got it fixed :wink:

Thanks, I’m fairly certain it’s just an nginx config issue. I can’t for the life of me figure out why it’s not working though, I’ve tried everything I know to do.

It looks like nginx just isn’t serving the files, so I add the root parameter and point tot he folder where the files are, but no luck there either.

EDIT: So turns out one issue is the include /etc/nginx/conf.d/security.conf.inc;include, because of more_set_headers "X-Content-Type-Options : nosniff"; . I know this is best security practice though, so I would much rather not remove that include.

EDIT 2: Even though the app starts to load when I remove the security include, it barfs up when it gets to the web socket portion. The port I’m supposed to be using is open but the browser console shows a connection error.

EDIT 3: forgot to mention it’s a node.js app I’m trying to proxy to and I can’t edit the OP for some reason.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.