Server not accessible from outside

My YunoHost server

Hardware: Raspberry Pi 4 at home
YunoHost version: 11.2.5
I have access to my server : Through SSH | through the webadmin
Are you in a special context or did you perform some particular tweaking on your YunoHost instance ? : no

Description of my issue

The diagnostic tools say my server is not accessible from outside. The certificate renew fails because the server is not accessible from outside. But I use the server every day, as well as other users. The server is accessible at least for all installed apps.

I worry because the certificate will soon expire and I can’t find out what’s wrong.

Notes:

• my server works on ipv4 only
  • the web admin console is enabled for local network only

Well can you at least share the actual message from the diagnosis ? The diagnosis may complain about various symptoms such as ports not being forwarded, DNS configuration, etc…

Here it is:

«Le domaine piwi.nohost.me est inaccessible en HTTP depuis l’extérieur.

Le système de diagnostique n’a pas réussi à contacter votre serveur. Il se peut qu’une autre machine réponde à la place de votre serveur. Vérifiez que le port 80 est correctement redirigé, que votre configuration Nginx est à jour et qu’un reverse-proxy n’interfère pas.»

The webadmin is configured to redirect port 80 to 443.

Could it be that you manually tweaked your nginx config ? Are there other issues reported by the diagnosis ?

A warning because I have no ipv6. My server has no ipv6 and nginx didn’t start without a valid ipv6, so ipv6 lines are disabled in config. I could never figure out what the problem is, and I got no answer on the forum. Anyway, the diags and the certificate renewing have worked well with this configuration for months and months.

Also yunohost-firewall does not start (like for ipv6 I could not figure why) but only ports 80, 443, and a few others are open.

2 warnings because I had to comment out ipv6. No other lines have been touched.

• Le fichier de configuration /etc/nginx/conf.d/piwi.nohost.me.conf semble avoir été modifié manuellement.
  • Le fichier de configuration /etc/nginx/conf.d/yunohost_admin.conf semble avoir été modifié manuellement.

Does anyone know how the diagnostics tool checks if the server is available from outside ? (or how the certificate is renewed ?) Is it requests on ports 80 - 443 ?

are you using Cloudflare?

I’m using a Rapsberry at home with no VPN.

I have tested the accessibility with different DNS (DNS for ISPs Orange, free.fr, SFR) and also using Tor. Using all of them I can access my server.

Also IPv6 domain readiness tester tells the server is available with ipv4 only (that’s what I expect since I have no ipv6).

I have not changed anything to my configuration and I could renew the Let’s Encrypt certificate a few seconds ago! :slight_smile:

The diagnostic tool keeps telling me the server is not accessible. Could it be that some routing for my domain is broken somewhere on the internet?

i stopped listening to the diagnostic tool long a go. glad you got it working though.

i dont even use lets encrypt on yunohost anymore on 95% of the apps, i use Nginx Proxy Manager with its built in SSL only if Cloudflare SSL not gonna work with it.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.