[Send] Private file sharing

Send for YunoHost

Integration level
Install Send with YunoHost

Overview

A fork of Mozilla’s Firefox Send. Mozilla discontinued Send, this fork is a community effort to keep the project up-to-date and alive.
Send is a file sharing experiment which allows you to send encrypted files to other users.

Shipped version: 3.4.13~ynh1

Demo: https://send.vis.ee/

Screenshots

Documentation and resources

9 Likes

Bonjour la communauté,

Merci pour cette application bien pratique que je viens d’installer sur mon instance, mais je me pose quelques questions.

Où sont stockés les fichiers mis en partage dans le système de fichiers sur le serveur ?

En tant qu’application publique il est très simple d’échanger des documents avec des personnes qui n’ont pas de compte sur mon instance, mais ces personnes pourraient par la suite utiliser Send et mettre en ligne tout et n’importe quoi à mon insu.
Est-il possible de contrôler ou voir les liens actifs et non actifs sur mon instance ?

Merci pour vos réponses.

1 Like

thank you! this is something i really need :smiley:

By default, Send uses a temporary directory → /tmp

As for authentication, Firefox use to have an account authentication… But it got removed from the fork.
There is no authentication at the moment.
Making the app private may prevent links to be accessible… (This needs to be confirmed).
I guess a Basic HTTP authentication could be applyed to the reverse proxy in front of a Send instance. It’s worth a try.

1 Like

@ericg merci pour ta réponse

Making the app private may prevent links to be accessible… (This needs to be confirmed).

Je te confirme que rendre l’application privée empêche les liens d’être accessibles.

Can anyone who’s already installed this app confirm for us? :smiley:

@arkadi
I confirm that making the application private prevents the links from being accessible.

1 Like

Isn’t it possible in a YunoHost app to list public and private urls ?
I do not use this app, but I think the upload and download urls are different and that it may be possible to create multiple rights.

1 Like