SearXNG install failure

Hardware: intel mini pc
YunoHost version: 11.2.21.2
I have access to my server : every whicha way
Are you in a special context or did you perform some particular tweaking on your YunoHost instance ? : no
If your request is related to an app, specify its name and version: SearXNG 2024.07.08~ynh1

Description of my issue

Install fails https://paste.yunohost.org/raw/roqilixuvu

Hi @airjer
I’m in the same situation, and I may not help you much…
I see in your logs the same problem as me related to :

pip3 install -U pip setuptools wheel pyyaml --no-cache-dir

From my understandings PyYAML is installed by apt so pip3 cannot upgrade it.

I’m trying to restore a backup that fail either, I’ve bypassed the pyyaml update modifying the restore-install script but uwsgi is complaining about user credentials…

Logs for my restore are here if someone around could help us.

I found a workaroud for my case, my SearXNG instance is back online :
the file searxng.ini was not restored in /etc/uwsgi/apps-available/, I’ll investigate if I can reproduce.

For the first time install error I’ll report to Github as I can reproduce on my test server.

See https://github.com/YunoHost-Apps/searxng_ynh/issues/304

1 Like

Maybe @mh4ckt3mh4ckt1c4s may give an advice ?

Hi, I’m not maintaining the SearXNG package anymore so I’m not aware of the latest changes, you may ask @ewilly for help.

The problem of @airjer does not seems related to apt, as searxng and its dependencies are installed in a venv. And the install script is not failing on

pip3 install -U pip setuptools wheel pyyaml --no-cache-dir

But at the following line that installs searxng

ynh_exec_fully_quiet pip3 install -e /var/www/searxng/searxng-src

For the restore problem of @titigab , I’m not sure it is related to the pip error. You may want to open a separate ticket to not mix up things here.

1 Like

Upstream issue : searxng is not yet compatible with latest setuptools version. A workaround will be in place in the upcomming 2024.07.08~ynh2 version until that’s fixed upstream (see Installation issue with setuptools 71 · Issue #3665 · searxng/searxng · GitHub)

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.