Samba app: configuration and usage

Hello,
Thanks for the Samba app: I would like to write a tutorial for it, but I don’t understand everything in the Yunohost interface. I know how to configure smb.conf manually, but I don’t know what I can/should do manually or in the Yunohost interface.
@ljf @ericg maybe you have ideas? I have a few questions for the interface:

1. How to configure a folder outside of /home/yunohost.app/samba/ ?
  2. How to manage samba users and passwords? Can I create a dedicated Samba user, which would not be a Yunohost user?
  3. For the stuff I can’t do in the UI, can I do it in /etc/samba/smb.conf, or is there a risk that my manual modifications are deleted by a future modification in the UI?
  4. In Operations, how can I remove a folder?

I have plenty of other questions, but I think it’s a good start already :wink: (for the record, I read How to turn YunoHost into a NAS with Samba but I guess it was written before the Samba app was created, so I didn’t find answers there :/)

This is not a Tutorial, thread moved to the Support Apps section. Please add information on your YunoHost and Samba app version.

Oh, sorry: my intention was to build the tutorial, this is why I put it here, but I understand your point of view, thanks :slight_smile:

You are more than welcome to write over there once you have gathered what you need. :innocent:

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.