RSS Error when I Log In

:uk:/:us: Message template (english)

My YunoHost server

**Hardware: Old laptop or computer (Lenovo Think Server)
YunoHost version: 3.6.5.3
I have access to my server : Through SSH and through the web admin
Are you in a special context or did you perform some particular tweaking on your YunoHost instance ? : yes.
If yes, please explain: I have upgraded MariaDB to 10.4.10 to support a Learning Management System application using Custom Web App.

Description of my issue

When I login to Yunohost Admin I get this error:

“Could not retrieve feed: https://yunohost.org/security.rss. You might have a plugin prevent your browser from performing this request (or the website is down).”

I put the url into my browser and got a lot html/xml code. Is this on your end? The security.rss page? Or do I need to do something from here?

Thanks again for creating YunoHost! :speaking_head:

Same issue here.

Same here…

Hello !

Yesterday a new version of yunohost-admin has been released (3.6.5.1). In the changelog, I see this :

- [fix] Disabling security.rss for now because there's a header issue preventing it from working, and hasnt been used in 2+ years anyway

So it should be solved, now.

2 Likes

Same here, but system update does not work.

"Unable to update the cache of APT (Debian’s package manager). Here is a dump of the sources.list lines which might help to identify problematic lines :
sources.list:deb …

E: The repository ‘/…/debian stretch-updates Release’ does no longer have a Release file.

E: The repository ‘/…/debian stretch Release’ does no longer have a Release file.

E: The repository ‘/…/updates Release’ does no longer have a Release file.

E: The repository ‘/…/debian stretch Release’ does no longer have a Release file.

Fetching available upgrades for system packages…"

Any idea what’s going wrong ?

Thanks !

Uuuh did you replace some urls with ... ?

Yes, i’m not allowed to post more than 2 urls :slight_smile:

I can screenshot the error if you want ?

Hm yeah a screenshot would be nice I guess :+1:

Here you are :

Do you have more info @Aleks ?

Uuuuh no, that’s just plain weird … Do you still have the issue right now ?

[Update 12/8/2019] Still can’t update or access anything, can someone help ? or i’ll have to reinstall something ? @Aleks

[Edit 2] : been 14 days since last post, no answer, no solution, and the only thing I can do is edit because i’m not allowed to post new messages, this sucks very much… @SohKa @Aleks

I can’t login as admin, here’s the screen of the log

Website is down, can’t access nexcloud and others…

I got the same problem when opening Tools -> Security-Feed.

This is normal. The release 3.6.5.1 fixed the issue by removing/disabling the automatic fetching of the rss feed from the main menu.

But indeed, if you open Tools -> Security-Feed, you’ll get the error because the underlying problem is still present. Since the feed hasn’t receive any update since a long time, there is no need to open Security-Feed anyway :wink:

1 Like

If there is no need for this and it is still producing some confusion - at least for me - why not removing the Tools > Security Feed option at all? :smile:

I’m not involved in the development of Yunohost, so I don’t have a direct explanation for you.

I can just suppose that removing this element from the web admin interface requires a bit of work (more than just disabling the automatic fetching from the main menu). And the devs are probably quite busy with some more important fixes/improvements. :slight_smile:

My opinion is that we should just collectively decide wether or not we’re willing to keep using that feature or not. Removing this RSS check when we login was just a hasty dirty fix because people were (legitimately) complaining about it.

Personally since we didn’t use it since 2 years despite important security issue (c.f. the last thing about PHP) I think it implicitly answer the question and we should indeed just drop the section from the webadmin entirely.

I proposed another method that should be more accurate to detect and warn users about security issues on their server like this : https://github.com/YunoHost/issues/issues/1438 but that obviously requires some work.

1 Like

Hi,

First, it would have been wiser to create your own topic and not hijack this one. Secondly, avoid rudeness.

Did you already try to reboot your server ? If yes, connect to your server via ssh and send a screenshot of the following commands :

cat /etc/apt/sources.list
ls /etc/apt/sources.list.d
cat /etc/apt/sources.list.d/*
sudo yunohost tools diagnosis
ping -c5 ipv4.google.com
ping -c5 ipv6.google.com

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.