Roundcube update from 1.6.0~ynh4 to 1.6.6~ynh1 failed

My YunoHost server

Hardware: VPS bought online
YunoHost version: 11.2.10.1
I have access to my server : Through SSH
Are you in a special context or did you perform some particular tweaking on your YunoHost instance ? : no

Description of my issue

I have been trying to update Roundcube for a few weeks now, but it always fails.
Here is my logfile:
https://paste.yunohost.org/raw/ajusolorih

Thx for any help.

It seems that it is the same error that is discussed there : Failed upgrade from 1.6.0~ynh4 to 1.6.6~ynh1 · Issue #193 · YunoHost-Apps/roundcube_ynh · GitHub

I’ve managed to solve the problem by uninstalling then reinstalling the app.

Hi Tobimhahony,
the problem is, that with the new installation you dont have all your old plugins, that where really practical in the old version and where installed automatically then.

Yes, you are right. It’s not a solution, it’s more of a quick’n’dirty workaround.

I tried a lot and that is the result for the moment:

I love the skin larry, because I get more information on the screen than with other skins (incl. sogo etc)
The problem of no working update from roundcube 1.6.0~ynh4 to 1.6.6~ynh1 makes the following procedure necessary:

In the moment you can:

1. export all your contacts from yunohost 1.6.0 (personal etc.)
  2. write down all your carddav-urls from yunohost 1.6.0 if remote (https://your.domain/nextcloud/…)
  3. delete roundcube 1.6.0~ynh4 from the applications of yunohost
  4. install new roundcube 1.6.6~ynh1 WITH carddav-plugin YES and import personal contacts you saved at 1.
  5. with original setting of skin “elastic” goto contacts-carddav and add your old remote carddav-contacts from e.g. nextcloud
  6. wait until the first transfer of the contacts has happened
  7. then you can copy the skin “larry-master.zip” from the homepage of roundcube Roundcube Plugins Repository
  8. as root into /var/www/roundcube/skins/larry-master
  9. and change the owner in /var/www/roundcube/skins: chown -R roundcube:www-data larry-master
  10. then you can change the skin in roundcube from etastic to larry, (but there is no more carddav access - not found)
  11. if you want a new synchronisation of the contacts in nextcloud to roundcube you must go back some time to elastic -
    and after synchronisation you can return to larry
  12. and that game as long as larry cannot access carddav…

but I am still hoping

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.