Rocket.chat fails to install

Hello everyone,

My 1st post in Yuno forums so please ignore my mistakes, or even better correct me.

My YunoHost server

Hardware: An old rig with an Intel(R) Core™2 Duo CPU E8400 @ 3.00GHz, 8GB of RAM and 3x500GB in RAID 5
YunoHost version: 4.3.6.3 (stable)
I have access to my server : SSH and Web

Description of my issue

I host a yunohost server couple of days now and I was about to deploy a chat solution for the team.

So the solution for me is rocket.chat which I will later connect to nextcloud but its seems that I have problem with the installation.

The error that causes stop and revert of the process after WARNING - MongoNetworkError: connect ECONNREFUSED 127.0.0.1:27017

My speculation based on various forums is that the service hasn’t started by the time the script tries to create the users and database in mongo. Is there any “optimal” method to preinstall mongoDB, verify that service is running and then initiate the Rocket.chat installation script?

https://paste.yunohost.org/raw/sefodejine

The actual issue seems to be that mongodb doesn’t start or rather gets killed:

mongod.service: Main process exited, code=killed, status=4/ILL

I found some clues about this here linux - mongoDB (result= signal , code = killed , signal = ill - Stack Overflow and MongoDB 5.0 CPU Intel G4650 compatibility - Installation & Upgrades - MongoDB Developer Community Forums

According to these threads, this may be an incompatibility with your CPU

We can check this hypothesis by running cat /proc/cpuinfo | grep flags | grep avx

If this displays nothing, then this confirms that the CPU doesn’t have the AVX capabilities (i have no idea what this is exactly) and can’t run mongodb

1 Like

Yep as you said. Nothing.

It’s so weird that a CPU tech won’t let you execute a DB service (even in a compatibility mode). Thanks @Aleks that was a fast reply

@Aleks is there are “manual” method to tweak the script and ask for a version 4.X mongo to be installed rather than a 5.X that needs AVX?
Or maybe is it ok to force install the 4.X version manually and hope that the script won’t try to overwrite it?

–EDIT–
Seems the mongodb 4.4 procedure is well documented here https://www.mongodb.com/docs/v4.4/tutorial/install-mongodb-on-debian/
Also apt-mark hold commands exist to secure the 4.4 installation from upgrade to 5.0

MongoDB now works perfectly but it seems the script fails once again after mongodb installation step.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.