Reverse-proxy - Ansible Matrix Playbook

:uk: My YunoHost server

Hardware: Proxmox
YunoHost version: latest
I have access to my server : Yes
Are you in a special context or did you perform some particular tweaking on your YunoHost instance ? : I’m selfhosting from home

Description of my usecase

Hello everyone,

I’m self-hosting a Yunohost virtual machine on Proxmox, behind my ISP Router. The Yunohost virtual machine is open on the “DMZ” from my ISP router.
I’m using Yunohost apps and local apps managed by Proxmox, which I can access using the redirect app from Yunohost.

I now want to create a virtual machine for the Ansible Matrix Playbook to easily self-host Matrix with bridges.
I want to selfhost the virtual machine and access it with the redirect app with a custom domain of my choosing. I can have access to the bare domain and subdomain if needed.

One of the latest step is to Configure Service Discovery via .well-known. From what I red and understood, the best option for me is to use the option 3 : Setting up reverse-proxying of the well-known files from the base domain’s server to the Matrix server, by modifying the redirect config file generated by the app.

What do you think of it ? Do you see a better way to do it ?
Thanks in advance ! :slight_smile:

:fr: Modèle de message (français)

Mon serveur YunoHost

Matériel: Proxmox
Version de YunoHost: dernière version
J’ai accès à mon serveur : Oui
Êtes-vous dans un contexte particulier ou avez-vous effectué des modifications particulières sur votre instance ? : J’auto-héberge depuis la maison

Description du cas d’usage

Bonjour tout le monde,

J’auto-héberge à la maison une machine virtuelle Yunohost sur Proxmox, derrière la box fournie par mon FAI. La machine virtuelle est ouverte sur la DMZ fournie par cette même box.
J’utilise des applications Yunohost et locales gérées par Proxmox, auxquels je peux accéder en utilisant l’app Redirect de Yunohost.

Je voudrais maintenant créer une machine virtuelle pour le Ansible Matrix Playbook afin de facilement gérer un serveur matrix avec des bridges.
Je souhaiterais auto-héberger une machine virtuelle et y accéder avec l’application redirect par un nom de domaine personnalisé. Je peux avoir accès au domaine principal complet si besoin.

L’une des dernières étapes consiste à Configurer le Service Discovery via .well-known. De ce que j’ai lu et compris, la meilleure option pour moi, avec l’utilisation du reverse proxy de l’application redirect, est d’utiliser l’option 3 : Setting up reverse-proxying of the well-known files from the base domain’s server to the Matrix server, en modifiant le fichier de configuration généré par l’app redirect.

Qu’en pensez-vous ? Voyez-vous une meilleure manière de faire ?
Merci d’avance ! :slight_smile: